Cutout's or no cutouts?

I think my stock muffler is choking my car out a little bit with the Big cam so heres my alternative…

I could add 2 cutouts (manual) or just put a Magnaflow muffler on it. They are both going to run around $100

Do it. No question about it.

get a electric cutouts, youll hate manual ones after a couple times

I know on turbo cars you should get a re-tune if you do cutouts… I dunno about NA cars or LSx’s. Be a man. Just run straight pipes like me.

yah but just for the butterfly valve im looking at another 200$ ++. Dont really want to spend that

my SLP exhaust was straight pipes! thats why it was way too loud.

why two? run one where it connects at the y pipe and then you can get an electric one, I would do that before i put a different muffler/exhaust on it.

I have the spohn torque arm there and it has the cross brace. With my car being lowered, my only choice/room for cutouts is One on each side of the Y pipe where the headers go into the Y pipe.

im doing cutouts so u cant.

just put ur catback back on.

cant do that lol

be a man, loud pipes save lives… ask a harley guy.

lollll

My car gained 20whp with the cutout open. But I have a quiet and restrictive exhaust.

yah.

When my car was tuned and stuff, the exhaust I had on there was just as restrictive as a open cutout…but now I have the muffler on it and im worried about it choking out up top.

then get some open mufflers, but if ur worried about sound, not sure how quiet it will be

I might just go with a Borla muffler or Magnaflow.

Up top is where it helped me, I dunno about the new tune but with my old tune there was no increase in TQ, just HP.

yah thats usually what happens

is your electric?

Yes it is the QTP e-cutout. I have a switch mounted in the ashtray to open/close the cutout. Only problem I’ve had is leaks due to the flap bending open but that’s because my 2-step is making the combustion process happen in the exhaust :lol

thats a nice setup to have.