MX

sorry if this is in the wrong section but just curious if there’s anyone else here that rides races dirtbikes or quads. I run some d3 and d34 tracks and twister here and there.

Races or just rides?

There is a member here MX-5 he’s got a YZ and a Honda as dirbikes.

Chris Rubino MX races.

His brother JRubino rides and possibly races as well.

I got a motard and always want to go on trails and looking for someone to ride with.

Number of members have quads.

either or, doesn’t really matter.

I also have a quad, just seeing if there’s anyone else on here ride and where at.

I raced district 3 for 5 years. Quad Am. Broke my wrist and stopped racing when I got bumped to quad expert.

Still have the quad, and I have a 100acre personal MX track.

I have also raced diamondback a few times, and Ice race.

my sister was the womens champion for 3 years in a row, until she just recently stopped racing as well.

damn man sorry to hear bout your wrist. I just got into my first accident in september. Broke my ankle on both sides, bruised ribs, right facial bones, my nose, lost my 2 front teeth, lacerated lung, I pretty much got F’d up. Now after walking again and everything, i go back out for my first practice at walden and end up breaking my same ankle again… hopefully by tuesday i’ll be able to walk again.

this will be my first year in am so hopefully i do good. Novice was too easy last year, beating everyone by half a track n what not.

i see your quad in your avatar pic, crf hybrid? And why did you quit once you got bumped up to expert?

damn man. I know how you feel…

I stopped racing simply because I work for my father full time. He owns a landscaping company and its just me and him. If I go down so does he. Not to mention I cant pay my bills,etc. Its not worth it to me to race for trophies.

One of my good friends that raced with me that was always a Am class front runner became paralyzed from the waiste down from a twister valley accident 4 years ago. Its hard bringing my quad to his track, and watching him roll up in a wheel chair to watch. Shits not right.

also I broke every bone in my right wrist. Some Am Noob at hickory hill cut me off when I was going up the face of the 90 foot double at hickory, so I pinned it to jump over him, and I ended up over jumping and flat landing. Went 120ft. Bent my axle, etc. My wrist was on the side of my arm.

Now I have this rare form of arthritis from very high impact breaks. I forgot what type it is but its burtal. I have 50% movement and as I get older, I can move it less and it hurts more. Right now there isnt a surgery to fix it. Hoping within the next 10 years something comes through.

my quad is a roll design lobo 2 long travel setup with axis shocks rear pep long travel, yz445 motor, prp frame/flip top sub frame etc. I raced this quad once, and that was at diamondback 3 years ago. Pulled holeshot both motos. When I was racing I was on a lonestar ct310r

that guy in the wheelchair, his name by any chance wouldn’t be Bill would it? If so Bill is one of my good friends, he wants to help me train to get as fast as i can. When i told him i was thinking about selling the quad after my accident he was pretty upset i heard.

My first accident was also at twister, luckily i didn’t break my back though. But I also know someone who had broke their back at royal trying to double their whoop section. Kinda scares ya if you really think about it. Ya dont really notice it until someone you know ends up breaking your back.

yup. Bill. Lives out in sloansville.

tell him you Know Andrew that use to race the blue 250r with him.

one year I watched two quads colide in the air and the one quad ended up landing on the guy. Guy broke his neck. He was convulsing and spitting up blood. Both were air lifted. Both never raced again.

I also had another friend who was a national pro rider. Fastest kid on a quad I have ever seen. He was lapping semi pro dirtbikes. Name was kelly dibble. He was on a crf hybrid 520 quad. Those whoops your talking about, he would tripple them. He ended up crashing at unadilla and his helmet smashed and fucked up his whole race. He needed facial reconstruction. He no longer races either. Kid was beating jason dunkleburger and shit at the nationals.

I used to race D3 quad novice at Royal alot. Then sold my YFZ and got on a 2 wheeler and never looked back.

I ran at twister alot with Rubino and the guys when I had time. Last year I think i made it out only a hand full of times to tuesday practices… too much going on elsewhere for me to ride. I have a 08 KTM250SXF full suspension FMF titanium system etc for sale currently because this summer I dont have time to ride either.

Also my wife just got here CRF150RB stolen off my property chained to a tree last week… so please keep an eye out for it at Twister if its found I would pay someone a reward in a heart beat because its not covered by my homeowners insurance.

link here > http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=24023

There definitely isn’t as many people racing as there was 2 or 3 years ago. In the am class there’s about 3 quads, expert there’s like 6 and novice is surprisingly well with like 15 quads. After breaking my ankle im also thinking about throwing in the towel and giving it up. Or at least going back to a dirtbike…

krazy - if i go up to twister i’ll def keep an eye open for your wife’s crf.
How much you looking to get for your ktm? I’ve always been a big fan of ktm and may be interested once/if i sell my quad

thanks dude please be on the look out.

I am asking $3300 for it…

http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=23340

what kind of quad are you riding?

krazy - i’ll keep my eye out at every practice and race i go to

smokin - use to have a '04 trx450 sold that for a '08 can-am ds450. You’ve probably seen it on craigslist…
anyway’s heres a picture of the two

had a lot done to the motor n it pulled pretty damn good.

Don’t have any still pics of the ds…

i race district 3,34,msc. got 2nd overall last year at twister in open C. I race open B now

what do you ride man? i raced a couple times last year, only i was on a honda #414

Are you the Rubino that use to ride at jessie Della Villas track?

nice man. I had a 450r back in 04 when they first came out. Nice quads.

never ridden a ds450

I own a quad. I dont race and lately I dont ride. Id love to go riding but it seems like nobody else ever wants to ride anymore and Ive been kinda busy lately.

Yea I ride at jesses a lot its kept private now because of the town 2008 yz450f

that place in Rotterdam on Westside?