...Motocross

I meant to make this last night because those who are into motocross know that last night the opening round of the 2008 Supercross season was Live on Speed Channel. :banana

Anyone else on here interested in motocross or ride motocross?

I race Quad expert in district 34 and Quad Am in district 3. My sister races the womens class in district 34 and got 2nd overall for her second season racing…she has ran right upfront with some of the best national girls at the national races…shes real good.

heres a pic of my quad…its a Hybrid PRP/Roll design/ Custom axis YZ445

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/l_c1358575f41f54147d32e24a0e009e15.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/l_16ff2e7efff78e2265c36e7610f97908.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/l_9adacc4f39911000311557b019150be0.jpg

my sister on her 07 CRF150R…

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/sxryder46/l_dcddb87b7f389c84fd9d29b4c896911d.jpg

I used to ride, i raced a few times…but i didn’t have time to go to a lot of races, then by the time i got my license i sold my bikes to build the Trans Am. I had my own practice track and everything… Here’s my 2 bikes 2003 RM125 bored to a 166cc, Bill’s pipe & silencer, V-Force reeds, Renthal bars much more i forgot :lol, i was sponsored by Mt.Holly Suzuki in New Jersey… and my other bike was a 2003 YZ250F with White Brothers full exhaust, FMF power-up kit, rear sprocket, Renthal bars…

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/rucker006/DSCF2109.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/rucker006/DSCF1695.jpg

Woohoo! Good to see there’s a few motocross fans. My brothers (one younger, one older) still race alot, I haven’t now for 3 or 4 years, I think. Used to do the whole traveling bit, but I had to pick either cars or motorcycles- sad part is, cars have been cheaper- so far.

We started out racing mainly District 3, then did some 34, but mostly NESC. Lots of fun, lots of competition. My older brother finally made it to Loretta Lynn’s last year, had some crappy luck once he got there, but did make it nonetheless.

I’ll have to try and find any of our pics- got a few nice ones.

Anyone do any ice riding? That’s about the extent of my motorcycle riding lately. We’ve got a few CRF100’s (pretty much bone stock) with some rather grippy ice tires. If it had been clearer and colder, we would have been practically halfway into ice riding season by now.

Boostin- is that pic of your sister from Southwick? The sand looks just about right… and yeah, the ‘nice pics’ I’ve got are all from Buckley. Not to knock anyone here, but he is the motocross photographer, been around forever- taking pics of everything motocross-related you can think of.

yup…dead on. That pic was from the last southwhick national this year…she finished 5th overall against a group of girls she has never raced against…their was 21 girls i believe

Yes, im also a hard core ice racer. I actually have my ice rims/tires on my quad right now…i practice out on round lake and do all the big races on lake george…

Unfortunatly, i only raced 1 race last year in the summer in district 34 because in the summer of 05’ at my very last race in district 3 at hickory hill, I broke my wrist over the 90 foot double. I was the first quad that day, in the 1st lap of practice to do the double…then my moto came around, I came around the burm 4th gear pinned and another Am rider cut me off cause he rolled the jump…I had to swerve from hitting him and i had to pin my quad (this was when i was on my 250R)…well long story short, I went 120 feet, on a 90 foot jump. I completly flat landed…nothing on the quad broke, but i shattered my wrist beyond repair…I broke ever bone in my wrist, and Now I have a very “uncommon” severe arthritus that shifting my wrist…have been to 3 different orthopedics and as of right now, theirs no way to fix my wrist…this year im gonna come back full time tho

your 100% dead on about money tho…I have come to learn that cars are a very expensive hobby, but motocross racing is much more expensive…it might not look it, But my quad has more money into it then what I have into my car including how much I paid for it…and then your not even talking about racing fee’s, gas, memberships etc…its rediculous. I work full time basically to just keep my hobbies up and going.

I actually have my own practice track at my house…im the summer time im always open to have people come riding with me as long as they are respectful and not careless

K20-power…The 250Fs are very nice bikes…my sister has a 03 kfx250F sitting in the garage also

I’d chime in, but I feel completely like a fish out of the water with dirtbikes :lurker

Ah yes, the crazy blind double at Hickory. I’ve seen a few major crashes there. Damn close to being a couple of them- scary enough. Sucks to hear about injuries, but yeah- more or less same here. I’ve hyper-extended both knees and sprained both ankles more times than not.

But still lots of fun to occasionally ride. We’ve still got our practice track, and there’s still a few tracks around that my brothers and a bunch of friends all ride at, but the choices are getting few and far between. Too many tracks getting shut down for stupid stuff.

That’s the biggest thing I miss about motocross though, you can always go and practice. Autocross or track events are a little tougher to go and ‘practice’ for- meaning at a ‘race pace’ with ‘race conditions’- without legal consequences.

Round Lake, eh? I can’t remember his name of the top of my head, but I’m guessing it’s probably right around the same place we’ve gone down there. The owner would plow out a nice tt-style track. And Kurt S. showed up once or twice and made us all feel pathetic.

Eh, don’t worry, I feel the same way with road bikes- can’t say as I’ve ever done (much) riding on any, never got a license. Honestly, I’d have to screw around on one if I had it. Just too much fun. And tickets would be too expensive. Or medical bills, depending on which way you look at it. :slight_smile:

are you talking about Wagers Pond down near the twin bridges?? I know they are always out riding down there…

I cant ride a dirtbike to save my life…I can tear shit up on a quad, but everyone laughs at me when im on a dirtbike…its like i need training wheels…i used to be pretty good on one untill i got into quads…my sister is the same way tho, she cant ride a quad so it goes both ways.

Yah that hickory double was tricky…it was hard to nail it perfect because the conditions in the corner always changed…it was either too loose, or too hard packed so it was hard to always hit it in the same gear…im not sure if its the same on a dirtbike tho

Eh, it was always just do-or-die, plenty of room to make it, but way too many people who’d never stay to the right. Just saw too many people get landed on, or come up short- then get landed on. But that was one of the nice parts about Hickory though- it’s a decent hard-packed track. Fast when it was smooth, but definitely got technical as the day wore on- loose, choppy, rutted, rough. Most of the New England tracks are a little more sandy/loamy. Personally, I like the sand a little better as you can get away with just throwing the bike around a little more.

I <3 dirt bikes. I was actually thinking about picking up a used CRF450R with my tax return this year. My only problem is finding a place to ride. Worse comes to worse I’d wanna supermoto the bike and use it on the street.

if any of you guys know anywone, my sisters 03 kfx250F is up forsale…Monster energy graphics, pro circuit pipe, tag handlebars and some other goodies…she only wants 2100 for it, which is a steal!

I’ve been riding dirtbikes ever since I was a little kid. I didn’t get into racing up until about 4 or 5 years ago. I raced 250 and 125 class. I’ve had everything from a XR 50 all the way up to a YZ450f.

Yeah the problem these days is finding a place to ride, now its down to tracks like eagle bridge and my favorite, twister valley. I also have been riding since I was about 3 or 4 first bike was a pw50 that I got for xmas one year, biggest bike I’ve owned was a YZ426f, that thing was a beast.

Boostin, that is such a sick deal on a kxf250 :wow if I didn’t need to buy stuff for my car I’d prolly buy it

Eagle Bridge isn’t even that great to ride anymore. They don’t maintain the track at all. A couple of my buddies have their own tracks on their properties that I ride every now and again.

Yeah, Eagle Bridge started to fade away, and sucks, the compound of the track sucked almost everytime i went there, either rediculous mud or WAY dusty and hard packed. I too had my own track that me and my dad and brother went to almost every weekend, along with a few of my friends. Then there was those illegal places like the powerlines and some little tracks like the “Stewart’s” track in Rotterdam behind Stewart’s (hence the name)…Twister Valley is my favorite track around here, i loved going to the open practice nights.

I cant ride a dirtbike to save my life…I can tear shit up on a quad, but everyone laughs at me when im on a dirtbike…its like i need training wheels…i used to be pretty good on one untill i got into quads…my sister is the same way tho, she cant ride a quad so it goes both ways.

Yeah, quads are a lot more difficult to ride coming off a dirt bike, i’ve ridden my friends raptor, a warrior, yzf450, and a kfx700…the 700 was the easiest of the 4 but once i got used to them i could throw them around a bit.

The ‘motocross’ track (on the other side of the road) as opposed to the main (or supercross) track at Eagle Bridge - I remember when they first started carving that out. That track was just way too much fun. The elevation changes were the best part- more like Thunder Ridge or Unadilla. It was super fast and after not maintaining it, well… pretty much goes to crap in a short while. I haven’t been there though in probably 2 or 3 years, so I can’t personally say much about the conditions lately.

My brothers and another friend put on a couple of riding schools over at Eagle Bridge, though. Owners (not sure if they’re currently the same owners or not) were really nice people, and I do recall them fixing the track between sessions, which was a definite plus.

Eagle Bridge is still owned and operated by the same people who’ve always owned it. It’s just their side thing to do. They own a business somewhere I can’t remember off the top of my head where exactly it is.

Yeah, as far as i know it’s still owned by the same people, last i knew they lived in the house next door to the “supercross” track, and yeah i agree with crappachico, the upper track was soooo nice when it was maintained but if you rode it after it rained for a couple days, and dried up…man are the crevices, that the rain running down the hills leave, horrible. :runaway

Yah, she has 3 dirtbikes and she just wants to unload the kx250f for real cheap

My Hybrid quad has a 02 YZ426 dirtbike motor in it…but it has the 444 big bore, cam and high compression piston and some other goodies…it was nationally built…thing rips your arms off…Its way faster then my Honda 450R I used to own.

Yeah my 426 ripped your arms off and was a freighttrain in turns.