My 1965 Nova II- 8.85@153.5 - Turbo kit FS

I need update pics, pronto. :slight_smile:

aw shit!

haha I have some but really havent felt like doing much of a build thread. Partly because I haven’t been doing a great job taking pics as I do things.

^ No do it like that.

Do it like Larry Larson’s street driven Nova, that does 209Mph in the 1/4.

I hope to do 140ish in the 1/4 on the stock 6.0L. Unless it blows up first

Ive got the motor apart right now while I wait on new head studs. Installed cam(speed inc TU 1.5) and rebuilt heads(BTR dual springs) already. Only thing in the motor that didn’t look perfect were the cam bearings were showing some wear but im running it anyhow. We will see how this thing shakes out.

Awesome. Now I know I can borrow your spring tool to do my heads!

What turbo are u using and who is making the kit?

Yeah I have the spring tool and pully install tool whenever you need it.

I am using an off the shelf BW S400 1.32 ar T6.
As far as kit either I will tack it all together and have JD finish weld it or I will have him do the entire thing. We will see where my motivation is when I get that far.

For what it’s worth my cam bearings had some copper/color showing after 134K. The motor probably had decent oil change history since there was minimal to no sludge and buildup inside, so you’re probably good to go.

realistically: you’ll probably blow up something else before cam bearings give you problems

I plan on it. :tup:

Wheel stands.

Come help me pull this motor today. Guy is picking it up tonight.

Texted you earlier fggt besides I have work then karate so fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

This went under the knife 8/3. Long way to go. I have a lot of enegy toward the build right now but we all know how that goes. Otimistically I would like to have it running and maybe a few miles on it before the snow hits but 90 days or so to turbo ls swap a car migt be ambitious. I am using a TCI front clip which helps but fuel system, turbo kit, oil lines, electricial, gauges, etc will all be made/fabricated since there really arent off the shelf solutions for what I am looking to do. So…90 days is probably nuts. We will see how much I learned from last time I guess.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I think I broke it

That’s cool.

Its like a lego car…

Hope it goes smooth for you…awesome project

Holy shit…you took out the motor and the whole car fell apart ! I told you those Chevy’s were pieces of shit.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

There are pics in the photobucket of what is going on/has happened. I will keep it somewhat updated.

This is cool. Want to see it in person.

Come on over. I have lots of cool parts to look at. Such as these(painted by yours truly)

Or these! Powdered by myself and Spam. Well…mostly Spam although I was in pretty decent condition since I did the mudder and drank all night the day prior!
note: zombies not included

Still auto there goes any chances of chripin tires…