My 1965 Nova II- 8.85@153.5 - Turbo kit FS

Every build needs a sponsor!

Things that go Vroom Vroom

Sounds ready to roll :slight_smile:

Man I love this car. Favorite car I have ever owned hands down by a long shot.

So after rebuilding the 408(new pistons and rod bearings), new fuel system, and swapping trans earlier this winter the Nova seems to be back in action and feels the fastest it ever has.

We took it for a short rip last night (no tuning/logs) and I really wasn’t expecting it to light off so much faster. I guess 40ish more cubes, billet wheel turbo, and 1.5 points more compression will do that! From a 20 roll on wastegate it let the tires loose real bad but they were cold.

Party time.

I would love to see this thing in action

:tup:

I should’ve stayed longer, fu.

Thanks guys. Little rip deff made my day. Now if only the Maro would play ball. Finally got it running again. Kinda lol.

Very nice.

What transmission are you on now? And what were you on last season when you ran the 9.xx’s? Both were powerglides, correct? But built to what extent?

In for the awesome details on last years powerglide :lol:

Probably only did burnouts cuz the tires are covered in trans fluid. That’s what I think.

Is it on the lift yet? where did you lift it from? the shackles or pinch welds? I know you like questions, lots of them.

Last year I ran a glide I got on Craigslist for $200. All I know is it had a deep pan and a manual valve body with a brake. It has the stock planetary gearset 1.76

Now im running a more built glide with an aftermarket 1.8 planetary and 300m imput shaft.

Redneck special

Mostly accurate lol. We fixed 1 of 3 leaks we found from the trans ahha

So much hate

LOLOLOL my fav part, “it’s running super lean…like 16…” Does burnout anyway

Opened the doors and swung the arms right under them. Always lift by the doors.

So is this now the fastest streetable car in WNY now?

:stuck_out_tongue:

At the rate its losing tranny fluid id say no LOL I am taking a pry bar to the scatter shield tomorrow and swapping the servo cover/gasket.

Might be once proven but for now id say both @dpm90iroc and @FourEyed on here could take it. Also there are a few really fast mustangs that although mostly are on the track street drive a little.

My car is streetable to the point that I will drive it near daily in the summer still getting 15-20mpg though.