my 88 silvia project update

I received my widebody, front and sides for my project car and installed them today. There are a few details that will have to be addressed but the main thing was to get this stuff on the car and off to the body shop for clean up and paint. The bumper wasn’t installed cause the bov is in the way and I didn’t have my snap ring pliers at the time.

You will notice that the rear fenders were separated at the wheel well and the body. So I drilled holes, filled the gap with a sealant and riveted it back together.

http://[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/nate_excel/DSC01855.jpg[/IMG]

Looking forward to paint and then to mount the new wheels. I am worried now that I see the rear fender that the 17 x 10 rear wheels wont have enough offset but we’ll see.

Big thanks to Keith at HMR Performance for the aero gear.

lookin good, lookin forward to seein the finished product

Cool, Avery’s old car. What colour are you painting it??

Pics of rims??

looking pretty good, how long did the process take so far? btw looking forward 2 seeing the finishing project, aswell as any updates

got a rear bumper or at least a valence that isn’t the stock gay ones? it’s the one thing i think coupes/silvias desperately need other than oem 180sx side skirts or skirts of similar style which u currently have.

btw wanna trade off your metal fenders for a spare set of wide body fenders of the same style? i have the same fenders on my winter beater, they’d only been driven on for like 4 days before i left for japan,

I will be building my own front and rear diffusers out of aluminum sheet. I havn’t come up with any disign set in stone yet but I noticed the same thing as well. I will just beat the problem in the design of the diffuser. I plan on painting the car some kind of grey. and I have 17" Enkei RPF1 wheels going on.

which company made that bumper? I hope its not XD.

moreso do the turn signals fit?

that car should look baddass

Gaaaaay, at least paint it a different colour, thx.

Maybe it’s time to sell my rims.

Nice build looks awsome so far,nice rim choice too i love those rims i want some for my car $$$$ haha

wow that car’s still alive? i remember installing coils on it over 3 years ago before avery owned it. It had the mintest underbody i have ever seen.

fuck yeah nate, that silvia is gunna be dope. Keep up the good work!

Holy crap…i didn’t know you had that car man, let alone the same wheels. lol Oh well if somthing else for paint color catches my eye than maybe I’ll change my mind.