My 96 Ek Hatch

I just picked up a 96 Ek Hatch… She’s Rust free thank God for that!
Completely stock except for Gay tails and back bumper which are going to be the first things to go!

Nice find. Whats your plans with it? What did you pick it up for?

you seem to buy and sell hondas like its your job, where do you get all these things?

Plans are to replace the rear bumper and tails with stock shit… a simple lip kit all around… thow my Y8 in it… Auto to manual swap which I have absolutley everything to do… Except ex hydro trans so keep ur eyes open… Somewhere down the road a turbo setup…

As far as that goes Ive tried several times to find a worthy Civic to drive and mod and everytime I’ve gotten screwed! So I sell the cars or the parts off to try and recoupe some of my money… And where I get them If I told ya I wouldnt anymore LOL… No Im just very aware of my surroundings so i dont miss much!

No pics but I spent all day removing the stock y7 and put my y8 in it I will get pics when its done and cleaned up… im in need of a dseries header and a ex hydro trans… I would have done my auto to manual swap too… but need the trans!

Juan do the 5spd swap while you have the motor out still. I am sure you will find one soon enough.

that sh*t’s cake to pull apart… I need the car now to drive… plus the y8 is allready in I just gotta button up the wires and rad and what not… when I find a vtec computer for it im gonna need you to wire in my vtec solendoid…u can handle that rite??? If I can get everything together I may do the 5spd swap next weekend… I just need a trans Badly I can get a dx tranny but I heard the ex tranny is the way to go…

Yea I can definitly do the wiring for ya. The dx trans has a longer gear ratio then the ex. If you are gonna boost it. You may want to consider going with the dx trans. Or just go B-series :thumb

shes running… Im having minor complications with it but Im hoping to figure it all out tomorrow when I have some more time! Its not idling properly well not so much even that… It will idle fine but when I go to give it gas it will take it but then idle up and down up and down… Now the intakes were two totally different things but all the wires were the same so everything is wired properly… Also vtec isnt working I need eric to come and wire it in. but I also need the Vtec ecu so Im getting there but if anyone has any suggestions of where to poke my head first Im up for em… all around good day today though…

I cant remember if you had the Y8 intake mani on the car or not??? You have a vacuum leak somewhere. There’s a nipple for a vacuum line down on the backside of the #1 cyl intake runner. Make you have something on there. I missed that when I swapped a y8 into my ef hatch. I will be free this Friday during the day if you want me to wire in the vtec. You don’t need the ecu to wire it up. That way all you have to do is plug in the ecu when you get one.

I assume you used your Automatic D16Y8 you had? When you switch to an EX ECU, you need to repin your harness for a 2 wire IACV… then you need to add 2 wire IACV to you intake maniold, the problem here is the fact that Automatics don’t have a spot for them! The bosses are casted, but you need to drill out the 2 holes in the back of the intake manifold. Bah!

D16Y7’s all have 3 wire IACV, regardless of transmission arrangements.
D16Y8 Automatics have the same as above.
D16Y8 5 Speeds have 2 wire IACV, just as the previous years did.

This thread on d-series.org can help you understand, it is there for people that want to run OBD1 on 3 wire cars, but its the same situation for you running a 5 speed EX swap in a DX car.

Jon

Thanks man I’ll check it out…

No problem. Your best bet is to get a Skunk2 Intake Manifold, or find a stocker off of a 5 spd. I have 2 laying around, but they are both for Auto’s as well!

Let me know if you need any more help, I am a (self proclaimed) D-series guru.

looked good til i looked around back :lol eek.

nice find tho, im pretty sure this will be turbo’d by next year. lol post some pics!!

Juan if you need a MT intake mani. I have like 5 of them I need gone ;D

I may have to pick one up from you then… How did you make out with the map sensors?

I am going to wire one up tomorrow in the car. Then going to tune the car my self next week. LMK if you want the other map back.

Heres some pics of before and after ENGINE SHOTS

Holy shit that bay was dirty!

yea it was… I tired to clean it up as much as I could while i put the y8 in… Shit runs rather proper now though its on the road I did that yesterday… when I clean it up put some rims on it and shit “photo Shoot” Egk & Ek lol