My e30 and some e36 sticky rubber

well, i have recently traded my civic for this bmw e30. Its a little ruff and needed alot of love which some ive already given, but im considering racing it. Im considering getting into some road racing/autox possibly. Ive never done it before so im hoping maybe i can get this pig out to dunnville and try to have some fun. The car currently has a brand new bilstien bts suspension kit on it.

god i hate bottle cap rims. they make the car look even shittier then bmw ever intended.lol but seriously, the e30 is growing on me.:slight_smile:

oh and some sticky,sticky M/T dot drag radials.

tires are 255/50/16 and a very tight squeeze on the inside fender. but if it turns out too close nothing that a small wheel spacer cant fix.

and the ass shot.

Now i just need to get my car runnin again.:rolljerk:

i had those rims before… pretty sweet!

e30 > e36

Period.

ughhh, i couldnt believe how much room there is for a top mount.:snky:

Let me know when you burn through those tires …

Ill sell ya a set of BFGoody DR’s … same size … brand new

How much D?

If you are serious about racing it there is a spec e30 series.

ughhh, wish i woulda known before i bought these.

yea, well i think id be way outclassed in that but im willing to give it a try.

is there anything out there for a beginner like myself?

You don’t jump into something like that until you’ve done some hpde’s…

MT’s on a Bimmer? :tup:

thats what i like to see

I’ll give you some advice on the subject if you’re interested, if we meet up this week.

well of course, I didn’t mean to imply that he could just jump into that series but it gives you something to shoot for and a guideline for what to do with the car. If he wanted to get into racing there would be no point in throwing $ and mods at the car only to find out that you can’t use them later on.

I’ll wait till I see you on the street with those on so I don’t have to hear the excuses when we race. :wink:

Looks good though JD.

spongr’s old e30?

who is that? i traded the car with a kid named adam at my work.

thats a no then. hehe. Don’t you sass me Jonathan.

what motor, 2.5?

what does it need?

i plan to get into spec e30 at some point. and although spec e30 isn’t that crazy, I plan to buy prebuilt to save mulah

Its a 325i. It kinda smells like dogs.

At first I thought that you traded your E36 for the E30, then my brain started working and saw you said you traded your Civic, which is a good move IMHO. I saw a nice E30 M3 on the way back from Pittsburgh this Sunday.

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/SpecE30.pdf