My friend installed a custom keg and tap in his GLI

Yea so I’ve gotta say I don’t think I’ve ever seen a car with a beer keg and tap custom installed in the truck. Gotta give him props for doing something different, haha.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs502.snc3/26398_1282179982857_1480805762_30722779_344359_n.jpg

IMO loooooks horrible

But i love the idea! I think it would cool also to have some sort of beer/beverage dispenser out of the dash or center console area

PS he’s asked that no one repost this anywhere as he’s trying to keep it a secret from the community till the next show. Thanks

Good god. Its gotta be all foam if you drive it when the keg is less than full.

How does he keep the beer cold? Is there a fridge in the trunk too?

Air conditioning BRAH

a bucket with some ice packs should keep it cold

what do the cops say ? :stuck_out_tongue: does that tap stick out all the time ?

I like how the truck is supposed to look like wood, but I think the texture used isnt the best,

but its original for sure !!

would be the best idea ever if the tap was located directly above the factory cupholder in the car.

there might be a reason that nobody else has done it.

Greetings everyone.
I’m responsible for this abomination. The trunk lid is actualy a second lid I purhcased a few months back. I brew all my own beer and thought this would be a fun way to mesh my love of Dubs and Suds. The laminate was provided to me free so I decided to use it. The picture makes the wood look red when in reality it’s more of a brownish stain. The trunk lids swap by undoing two plugs and 4 nuts. All in all I can swap it in under 10 min. The keg is kept in an insulated container packed with ice. Foam isn’t really an issue because I keep the keg pressurized to 40PSI when in transit. As you can see from the pic the beer flows fast, cold, and foam free. The car itself is an 06’ GLI running REVO2+ tuning. I just put down 255HP/280Ft-Lbs on a mustang dyno two weeks back. 265/290 on a DynoJet at the show this was taken at. I grew up in Guilderland and now live in NC. As for the legal status the cops around here think it’s pretty sweet. As long as the keg isn’t tapped while the keys are in the ignition I’m not breaking and laws. I don’t drive while intoxicated so I don’t have too much to worry about. The tower is good up to 120MPH winds so far so I can drive with it in place. The tap handle is a VW Fast figurine. I’m hoping for the people’s choice award at the Southern Worthersee festival next month. Here’s a pic of the car in normal status:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee220/smitherssp/rollin.jpg

greetings

• rep for having a sack and doing something different. Ignore the haters, and get an auxiliary tap above that cup holder!!!

FUCKKKK YEAHHHH!!! BEERRRRR

Your not Chaz’s friend. :lol

That is a pretty neat idea though.

Nice car/tap. You go to GHS?

Yup. Graduated 01’. Went to school at RIT.

Sweet. Myself and ~4 other members graduated '09.

Cool car man! Love the monoblocks!

Thanks! I got them for a steal. $300 off ebay then 280 to get them polished.
The bottom line is no one is ready to get passed on the highway by a kegerator running 24PSI of boost!

hahaha i like the idea props and i like the car alot, welcome to shift