my integra = deceased...

well, for you guys that dont know what happened last time to my car, number 3 cylinder stopped firing and lost all compression. i took the car to hybrid and they rebuilt the motor for me. last nite, 4000 miles later, my car did the exact same thing. EXACTLY the same. earlier in the nite the car thru a code for a faulty crank position sensor, i reset the ecu and the code cleared and the car ran fine. then later on i was sitting at a stop sign and then the car started to idle real goofy and started sounding like a wrx just like last time. at this point i started to feel sick becuase of what it was sounding like. pulled over and pulled the plug wires to see if they made a difference in the car’s idle. all of them did except for cylinder number 3, just like last time it stopped firing. so i duno what im gonna do. i have no coin whatsover to put into this car to fix it again…other than calling hybrid tomorrow when they open im not sure what to do with this car…might be deceased for good this time.

just do a SR-20DETT swap

uhhhh…no

and what the hell is a sr20detT?

nissan 2.0 twin turbo motor common swap for a 240, good powerful motor, but probably a bitch to put in an acura, sorry about your luck man,

"a couple SR-20’s will pull a premium at race wars :wink: "

when did they start putting 2 turbos on those things…

anyways do a comp check before you get all crazy

ya i thought they only made sr20det, but im not sure if they make the sr20dett

That’s a SR20DET you’re describing… but it is a single turbo. There is no SR20DETT and that was broke’s point. At least you’re right about it being a bitch (and making no damn sense) to put into a 'teg.

-TJ

LS1 it

sorry about the bad news

not to mention its a Nissan motor, and 99.% of the DET’s that come over are set up for RWD.

That’s why I said it’d make no sense.

-TJ

exactly, but im with victorsmalls on this one put an LS1 in it! lol that would be funny as hell when you pull up next to another import at a stop light lol

i’ve always wanted to put a rwd v8 into a small little car, its possible with lots of time, money, and asprin

what about a SR20 DE T^4 motor swap?
quadrouple turbos spool fast.

sorry. didnt mean to turn it into nissan motor arguement.

How about a B18C5 head on a B20Z block with a disco potato turbo?

Is that so?

-MK

ok, my car isnt completely deceased…its just on crack of some sort…it was running on 3 cylinders, then it changed back to four, then as it was idling in my driveway it went back to 3 again. 210 comp all across.

what engine ls gsr??

if hybrid dosnt have the parts you need we have a good bit of honda parts sittig around we need to get rid of

well, im not entirely sure what it needs. its throwin a code for a crank position sensor and thats built into the distributor etc… and yeah its a gsr motor

you got an ignition problem somehwere

yeah in the integra the crankshaft position sensor is built into the distributor and that is what is failing so hopefully im gettin one tomorrow from a guy that works at the acura dealeship. anyone wanna help me put it in? after readin the repair manual, you gotta mess with the timing etc… never messed with the timing stuff before.