My New Daily Driver

Well since the Thunderbird caught fire last Friday at work, I needed a ride, since its going to take some time to fix it. So Saturday morning I broke down and decided I would once again take on a car payment. I bought an 2003 Durango SXT from Billco Motors in Wexford. It has 38k on the odometer, and I got it for a decent price. It was $12,999. Sucks having a payment again, but what are you going to do. This gives me time to rip the T-Bird down and do what I’ve been wanting to do to it since I bought it, but I couldn’t get into anything too time consuming because I had to make sure it was on the road Monday morning for work. Anyways…here are a few pics I took.

It has the 4.7L V8, towing package, factory running boards, and dark gray interior. Its pretty sharp…i miss the Thunderchicken though

sharp truck.

u will be sorry

lol… why did the ford catch on fire???

Because it’s a Ford, duh.

I like this body style Durango…my Dad got one brand new back in 98’ they still have it. It has right around 200,000 miles on it and still going strong no real maintenence has been done either. :bigthumb: for the truck!! I beleive its the one thing dodge IS good at.

There was an O2 sensor wire that was laying on the exhaust and it caught fire, then the fire traveled up into the engine compartment. I ran inside work and grabbed a fire extinguisher and got the fire out, but the car will not run anymore. I peeled all the charred wires off the exhaust, and tried to fix it, but it still wont run, just keeps cranking.

this man speaks the truth

actually my mom had a 93 Thunderbird that the ignition caught fire on. it was sitting in the garage at our house in East Deer…that sucked.

say hello to 9-11mpg :frowning:

nice looking truck though.

Nice sig.

Actually, its been getting between 14-18mpg, I ordered a chip, throttle body spacer and a K&N Intake, so we’ll see if that bumps it up any. Im used to crappy gas mileage though, the t-bird only gets between 13-15 mpg, it does good on the highway, but everyday driving is a killer.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/euphoria717/Tbirdfiresig.jpg

OMG that’s sooooo damn funny :rofl:

Fire No way ?!?!?!? in a ford :rofl:

I can laugh, my 92 Lx 5.slow burned. The complete wiring harness melted, dash and consol singed. 6 months at the dealer $5200 :kekegay:

good luck it looks nice :smiley:

there’s a mid-90s T-bird on Wetzel Road in Shaler, inspected, for $400, across from the VFW… if you need a parts car, or something to start over with.

Hmmm…I might need to check that out!

Nice truck. Whos gst in the background?

Thats my future sister-in-law, Mindys car. Its a 99 GST, only has 42k on it. She drives it to work and home, and thats it. Shes hot too!!