My new DD v. not a fbod (or GM for that matter)

the engine itself isnt anything special but yeah they move decently, no low end power but they are awesome cars on the highway

This is actually the 3rd car I have gotten from Dan by either buying or trading, I have known him for like 5yrs, Dan is a good guy to get a car from

IIRC I took that 9c1 of yours out for a test drive when Dan first got it

what are lolli pops and wig wags?

Love the cop cars. :tup:

My old co-worker used to have a Caprice and a few of his friends did too. They would all get together and go on a mini-vacation out of state to a golf resort. They would just convoy in the left lane at 80-90mph the whole way there right past cops, and they never once got pulled over.

Have you ever flown past troopers on the thruway in one of your 20 ex-cop cars?

yeah actually I have back when I had my Caprices, one time in PA (PA had white state cars at the time) I would fly down highway 1 doing about 85 in a 55 and if I passed a cop in a turn-around they would just wave

other cars would get as close as my back door, hang there for a minute and then signal and get behind me, guess they didnt notice the NY plates :picard:

lolli-pops are the big round red lights in the back window on each side of the 3rd brake light and wig wags are lights that flash from side to side

This has to be one of the best perks to owning the car. I would love to see people do that.:eekdance:

Is all of the wiring still there to make the lights flash? Do they just unplug stuff, or do they remove a lot of the wiring?

in most of the cars they just unplug/cut the wiring, the fuseblocks and all of the important stuff is left

sometimes they leave the flashers for the lights under the hood, it all depends on the PD, some of them even sell the cars with the lightbars/sirens still attatched

basically you just have to figure out where to splice stuff back together

MY math teacher in HS had an old ex cop car, and OLD one, when they still had Diplomats. Anyways, they were somewhere on the 4th of July watching the fireworks and about 50 cars parked somewhere that was a no parking zone. EVERY car but his got a ticket and his looked even less cop like then yours, all it had was the side spotlight thing on the A pillar. You could probabally get a fake badge at Party City and buy coke and say you are DEA

neatO

they are fun cars and I have driven them on and off for about 7yrs now
the problem is in some areas of the country (and even a few isolated incidents here), people have used them in a criminal manner (ie pulling people over to rob) so the cops in some states really take a long hard look at them

tint it up like the feds. I always see a blk P71 with tinted windows in the hood.

In Vegas it’s a % of the value of the vehicle to register a car. It def makes you choose the right car the 1st time if you can. Nice looking DD.

the back windows are real dark, I might put a medium tint on the front door windows

lol im sorry tpgsr