My New Ride

:)…prolly stx…cause the suspension wont be stock very long…i plan on overpriced Nismo parts

:tup: congrats mang

Weren’t there issues with the trannies in the first year Specs?

Either way, I’ve always dug these cars. Nice purchase :tup:

meh…i am used to tranny issues

Those are cool. Nice grab. S/N change?

wow, nice find :tup:. thanks for buying from the enemy :slight_smile:

meh, If i liked it sure go for it. Having not being in one forces me to give the no.

haah ahaaaa…hey i still might get u a job…

Yeah, a lot of them had grinding issues.

But again, if it’s 4 years and 56k along and the tranny doesn’t grind, the pre-cat recall was done, and it doesn’t currently have any issues, then in the hands of someone who knows how to properly maintain a car this one should be fine.

A lot of the reported problems probably was more a result of the target market: High school boys who could plunk down $17k for a pretty sporty car and think they’re Paul Walker, over-revving them, missing shifts, being lazy and/or cheap with oil changes…

Good luck! Questionable reliability aside, it’s a sweet car that I’ve always liked! Should be a blast to drive! :tup:

well i will maintain it properly for sure…i asked about the recall cause i knew about the issues the said if it wasnt done i will get a letter from Nissan

thats sneaky salesman talk for ‘i dont know and i dont want to deal with it’. ive been around the business long enough to know what that means. :slight_smile: talk to their service manager and make sure its done. its a recall, it should be done.

what did they give you for trade on the max?

Not enough…they were gonna give me 3500 then they drove it…haaa aaaa…then they knocked it down to 3000… i was gonna sell it out right but this was kind of spur of the moment i found a car and looked at it type thing…meh it pays off the rest of my loan as ish…but they knocked the price of the car down about 1000 plus i got some wierd tax break too

Congrats. I’ve ridden in one at an autocross. Seemed like a fun little car.

I roder in Bret’s a few times and i really liked it…i was actually checking out some GTOs too but i couldnt find any i liked that were priced right

a salesman at our work has a customer thats been looking for a clean 98ish maxima. im positive you’ll get a lot more than 3k from him too. ill look into it if you havent already committed.

edit: when he saw your max pull in, he said ‘oh man, ive got a kid that would probably shell out 10 grand for that car if it was for sale.’

Nice car.
Now you know why I didn’t make my screen name a car model.:wink:

Yeah, but some day you’ll realize RWD is more fun that AWD and you’ll still be stuck with a non-matching name. :wink:

lol…10 grand is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to steep…even i wouldnt sell it that high…OK I WOULD…but meh it dont bother me…there are lots of other reasons i am changing too…

well im just sayin, you dont have to trade it in. you’ll get more for selling privately.