my "new" wheels (powder coated)

Just had my blades powder coated by AMF Coatings so take a look at how they turned out. I had them done in Black Chrome, lite grey in the light, and almost black when it’s darker out. Prior to being painted, the wheels were still in pretty good shape, but the clear coat was peeling pretty badly.

In the one picture, the center cap appears to be way off in color. The center caps had to be painted separately because they are plastic so the same black chrome was not used. The guy colored matched the paint and they turned out great. As you can see in the last picture, the color is almost dead on. Now all I need is to get a sign shop to make me some vinyl A’s for them.

Like them or dislike them, I don’t really care. I love how they turned out and couldn’t be happier. Next up will be new lugnuts, most likely black.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/thenewedgeco/IMG_1915.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/thenewedgeco/IMG_1914.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/thenewedgeco/IMG_1916.jpg

looks awesome

looks bad ass, been wanting to do that… if you dont mind me asking, whats the pricing like… for the 4 wheels only

Don’t mind at all…Jason (the guy from AMF) charged $160 cash for all four. It would have been a little less if I wouldn’t have gone with black chrome. I believe they quoted me $130-150 for a “normal” color on 15" wheels.

looks nice!

looks awesome! Jason hooks it up once again!

yup! i saw the pictures of your IC piping and i liked it. once i saw a sample of it in person, i loved it.

looks awesome!

Wow, that’s an awesome job, and seems like good price too!

very nice!

what kinda prep work did they include? like did you have to sand them down or they did all that?

wow thats a awesome price

prep work that i did…put the wheels into the back of my car, unloaded wheels at AMF. umm…yeh, that was all.

i handed them to jason when they were dirty and had a bunch of the clear coat peeling. i know he bead blasted (similar to sand blasting but using small glass beads) them, but not too sure what else he would have done.

thats probly all you have to do is bead plast to remove clear coat and old paint…then u can go ahead and coat it from there… but the final finish you want is up to you.
powdercoating a smoother sanded finish will leave more smooth look, while powdercoating a rough surface leaves a rougher finish, naturally. so you want a nice finer finish, sand the wheels down with fine grade sandpaper

those looks good on that car

thanks!

Those look real good! The price seems very good also. The color looks like the Type R gun metal. Car looks good.

Definately look good. How long did it take to have them done? Im going away for a week and was wondering if i just dropped them off if they would be done by the time i got back.

looks great
jason always does a great job

how long was the turn around?

I dropped off the wheels at the end of the day Friday the 13th and picked them up yesterday. A total of 7 business days out of which two of those days Jason was sick and wasn’t even at the shop.

I think mine also took an extra day because he had to do some custom paint matching for the center caps.

Thanks everyone, glad you like them as well!