My Newest Hobby (R/C Heli)

Is this a comment directed towards the Hamburg Nike Base?
RC Aircrafters/Flying Knights?

If so, I totally agree.
I have been flying there since I was in middle school and saw the rc crowd lose their rights on the field over time… until it’s more or less nothing now.
Still a decent place to fly however, when you’re allowed (minus all the old annoying fucks)

My dad has been flying there since before I was born.

We mainly fly out at the Pulsers field… it’s aldenish… way the fuck closer… and no soccer bitches.

But yes, you need an AMA License (not that expensive, but renewed yearly) and belong to a club that has ownership in the field.
Someone has to pay to get the grass mowed, tarmac in good shape, taxes on land, etc…

If you guys want easy planes to fly… I highly recommend shit from Insanefoamies.com or anything like that.
Maybe not particularly easy… but forgiving and somewhat inexpensive… and can fly in parks.
Gas/nitro need ama/specific field.

x2.
Depends on the plane… but 10-15 is typical.
Unless you have a .40 size on an oversized tank or something… or maybe an electric glider (they can get 1+hrs easy)
I have one that can do ~25mins a flight, only because it was the only tank I had and didn’t feel like running to the store… (cheap SPAD plane, hardly ever use it anymore tbh)

I got the helicopter from my cousin, it’s in pretty good shape except one rotor blade grip is broken and it needs some main rotors. Unfortunately, it’s an ancient kyosho EP concept and it’s completely impossible to find parts for.:frowning:

Hass, No we had the same thing happen on GI, but I have had similar problems even in North Carolina.

I remember when the EP concept was new. Dam i’m gettin old.

LOL! Skrapper and his hobbies!

Motorized mountain bike and now this!!

I have one of those little RC helicopters that they were advertising before christmas. It’s fun to use in my living room and piss the cats off but is a child’s toy compared with what your using!!