My Review of the Palm Pre (Sprint)

Verizon is the best network. Sprint is second actually. ATT is last.

I know this because I have dealt with all three companies (I manage the wireless devices including wireless aircards at my company - I have 80 Verizon phones and 30 ATT Aircards/3 Verizon Aircards). Like I said. I have 1 or 2 bars EVERYWHERE I go. I only lose connectivity for seconds at a time. In 5 years, and being all over the US, I have yet to be stranded with zero signal. Is the greatest signal? No. That’s probably Verizon’s forte, but it gets the job done.

Verizon spends like 50% more then Sprint on it’s Network. Sprint spends more on their infrastructure than ATT.

I also have two Blackberry Storms and then a bunch of ATT/Verizon basic phones. Although the BES server is an AWESOME thing, the actual Blackberry devices I do not like. I like my Pre WAY more than the Storms. If only my network admin would allow me to get Notes email on my Pre once they release a Notes/Domino App (I’m assuming they will).

That being said…

If the Pre ends up going to Verizon (I’ve heard rumors), I might be inclined to switch. Up until now, Verizon has had no attractive phones. BB’s don’t do it for me.

As for ATT, the iPhone is a rip off. Phone? Nice. The plan? The plan is ridiculous. I pay $80 and have literally EVERYTHING on my account.