My Trip to The Masters - Pic Heavy

Ok, seriously if anyone wants anything, let me know and I will do my best to pick it up for you. Here is my post from 2010 when I went. I suspect this trip will be a little bit better.

So my cousin won the Masters Lottery and was able to purchase tickets to the Wednesday practice round. He bought 4 @ $41 each and planned the trip like 2 months ago. Turned out 1 guys had to cancel so we were left with an extra ticket which we sold for $300. That sucks because I was offered $600 on my walk to the course but had no way to get a hold of my cousin with the ticket.
Anyways here is a little photo trip through our adventure.
We flew out of Buffalo at 7:20pm Tuesday night and arrived in Atlanta around 10:00pm. Jumped in the rental car and drove the 2 hours to Augusta. Our motel was a total piece of shit but the price was right and we were only 2 miles from the course.
America’s Best - Not in this fucking lifetime

Interesting signs from our motel:

Just kidding, they are from the Augusta historical museum we went to. We thought they were funny and disgusting. More funny though.

So Wednesday morning we woke up around 8, showered and decided to head to the course. Like I said it was 2 miles so I decided to walk. I had to pick some shit up at the Publix on the way and my cousin and his buddy were planning on taking the shuttle. I got through security and the metal detector no problem and so started my solo wondering around the course.

Here is the booklet they hand out letting you know where everything is. Very helpful.

Came across the Main Scoreboard right when you walk in.

Me along with 1000 other idiots watching Arnold Palmer sit there like he was in a zoo exhibit. I took his picture like a creeper and got the hell out of there.

Snapped a picture of the clubhouse and the crow’s nest up top where the amatuers that were invited to play get to sleep.

Here is another shot of the clubhouse and the Butler Cabin from down on the 1st fairway.

I made my way down the 1st fairway and came up on hole #8 where Tiger and Mark O’Meara were coming up. I planted myself and took a few pictures.

Followed Tiger up 9 and into the clubhouse then I went over to the putting green. Nothing very exciting, just a picture of Vijay Singh’s golf bag.

From there I walked the back 9, still no sign of my cousin or his buddy. Glad we worked out a plan to meet up. Here is a shot down 10.

I made my way to Amen Corner, holes 11, 12 and 13.

and of course the Hogan Bridge:

After Amen Corner I went to #16 where the players skip balls across the water and on to the green. Here Vijay made a hole in one by skipping it:

Sorry not a very good picture, but this is the water

and from up on the hill next to the green

I continued right onto #17 and the Eisenhower Tree. Named after the President because everytime he played there he hit his ball right into the goddamn tree. What a jackass.

Finally around noon, heading up #18 I ran into my cousin. We grabbed some lunch, of which nothing was more than $2.50 and that was beer I think.

Ok 1:00pm and the par 3 contest started. We went over to the course and set up shop on hole #3. It was not very exciting at our hole but I got a bunch of cool pictures.
Here is the layout of the par 3 course.

Hole #6 across the water at the par 3 course

Behind the green on #5

Scott Verplank and his daughter

Soren Kjeldsen and his son

Anthony Kim and his son

Ian Poulter with the kickass pants, Nick Faldo and Ross Fisher with their kids

Brian Gay and his daughters

Jim Furyk and his kids

David Duval and his daughter

The Greats - Jack, Arnie and Gary

Heath Slocum and his daughter and wife

Padraig Harrington

Fred Couples

Phil Mickelson and 3 kids

I am a pretty big Mickelson fan so I tried to get his autograph but didn’t have any luck. Here is my flag that I got signed by a ton of good guys like Fred Couples, Padriag Harrington, Ben Crenshaw, Rory Sabbatini, Lee Westwood, Kenny Perry, Justin Leanord and David Toms. There are more but I dont think I know who they are.

On the way out of town I snapped a couple of great pictures.
First was down Magnolia Lane. I parked in the middle turning lane and within 3 seconds there was a police officer telling me to move.

Then we got this beauty. Dont know what the fuck she was selling but I wanted some.

We tried to get tickets to the Thursday round but the scalpers were asking $2400 for them. Fuck that we said so we went back to Atlanta on Thursday afternoon and caught the Braves game. It was my first time at the stadium and it was pretty cool. $40 for decent seats like 5 minutes before the game started.

All in all it was an amazing time and I really hope that I am able to go back next year and actually every year from now on. I left a lot out so maybe I will add more if people are interested.
Enjoy

That’s pretty cool, Fred Couples was my hero when I was a kid I am rather envious of that autograph. :slight_smile:

Nice post, Pat!

Going to the Masters is on my bucket list

By the looks of the people there, did it smell like moth balls, coffee and used depends?

LoL Glad you had a good time!

i was at that stadium for the cubs game not long ago… what game did u see?

I dont think I could golf with that many people around. Nice pics pat :tup:

I’m not even into golf and this thread makes me wish I was there.

BTW who shot that hole-in-one video? Sounds like Arnold is narrating it (the one running a state, not the guy with the iced tea)

You will nevah see that again

Looks like a great time, really want to get there sometime

That’s definitely something I want to go to some day. Cool trip

Nice. I will be kicking your ass on Thursday.

God I want to go to Turner Field sooooo bad! Uber jealous.

braves games are great to go to! i miss going to that stadium

holy shit people will pay a lot of money to watch other people play golf.

Bump for trip #2 to the Masters in one month.

My boss just showed me he had tickets for the whole thing this year. He was making a big deal about it and I just blew it off. After seeing what scalpers were asking I now better understand his excitement.
Have fun.