Anyone golf?

That time is getting close, and I’m excited. Just curious as to who else here golfs for fun etc., and where are some good deals in Buffalo/good courses for deals/good courses for quality.

Also any good places to look at memberships at?

I’m so ready for golf season, taken a few buckets at the golf dome and I am so ready.

So lets start off with:

Who golfs?

Best courses?

Best deals?

What you swing?

What you hit?

Handicap? If you keep track

ME:
I just got a new R7 quad driver and still adjusting the weights for my style. As for clubs as of right now I’m looking to upgrade and sold my old set over winter. Balls, usually whatever has the best deal but been hitting TP Blacks and Callaway HX Tours alot lately (lately as of last summer/fall).
As for my handicap last summer I didn’t keep track just cuz I usually golf casually anyways, but usually shoot +5 give or take a stroke.

Also I remember Chino mentioning that you guys manufacture some pretty sweet golf balls, care to throw some this way for me to try out? :slight_smile:

But anywho, golfers chime in.

I usually play the town of tonawanda courses. I think USGA has my hdcp at a 7.4 or something. I’ll be in Augusta to play for a week and watch some of the masters for the 3rd year in a row :pimp:

They aren’t that sweet. lol.

How sad. Geoff, not fair. Golf down south is so amazing.

I need to get back into it this summer.

5 or 6 years ago I was consistently in the low 80’s. A series of shoulder injuries later, I took 3 years off and I’ve played a total of about 12 times in the last couple years. Only once last year, and I shot 102 or 103. Ugh.

I’ll be at Elma Meadows often this summer. Not a terribly difficult course, but it is a decent layout. And until I get my swing back a bit I’d rather pay $13 for a round than $40+ for the “nicer” courses.

As far as what I play with, I have a Jack Nicholas Air Bear 2 driver, a Big Bertha mallet putter (Sooo 1995, I know. But I love the damn thing.), King Snake (read: NOT Cobra) 3, 5 woods and irons. Dunlop copper SW and LW. I need new irons and fairway woods (unless I go with the new in between clubs that are so popular now).

^^ I love playing those decent courses that you get a round for like 10-15 then the occasional difficult $40 course.

One course if you ever head out to is Mill Creek in Rochester. Nice links layout but with a decent 30 for 18/cart deals.

i played in HS and college (canisius), but havent played too much the past few years after busting my knee and work and such

but i still have the same clubs ive used since i was in high school: titleist dci irons, cleveland 53 and 56 wedges, my ping pal 2 putter, titleist dci starship 5 wood, big bertha 3 wood (steel shaft, doubled as my driver when i snap the real one lol), titleist 976R 8.5 driver with custom extra stiff shaft

i did get a new callaway driver as a gift last year, but havent had a chance to use it yet…why bother changing things after so long lol…except for maybe a nice set of cleveland forged blades…hrm…

I used to golf quite a bit, but I havent in recent years. I need to look into a new set of clubs.

+5?
So you are saying you shoot in the 70s or do you play at Bob-O-Link?
Do you have a job or do you golf fulltime?:biglaugh:
What is your GHIN handicap?

I try to get out as often as I can during the summer. On my good days I shoot high 80’s, bad days it can be anywhere above that. I don’t play enough to keep my swing consistent. Some days I hit strait, others I’m fighting the club to much.

If your handicap was a +5 your average round would be a 68, and I am pissed I actually have to pay for my GHIN account this year, boo

I have 8.5, stiff NVS shaft R7, Callaway ERC 3,5 woods, Nike Hybrid 3 iron, Hogan apex edge, stiff composite stock shafts (4-9), Callaway Raw 48, 54, 60 wedges, Wilson staff putter. Depending on the course I either use HX tour 56 or HX hot

MY last GHIN Handicap was a 11

I would be down for a few rounds of golf. I know last year I posted about having a NYspeed golf tourney. Is anyone up for setting that up??? I usually shoot mid to high 80s playing from the back tees. As far as clubs go I have a set of Callaway X-14s I think, an Odyssey White Hot putter and a Ping G2 driver. I love Pro V-1s, I feel like I play the best with those. As far as courses go I love to get out to new courses as much as possible. See you guys out there

playing in Tennessee next week :slight_smile:

didn’t say handicap was +5 said I shoot +5 meaning par +5 give or take so usually like high 70’s low 80’s. I didnt sign up or pay my GHIN at all the last 2 years, maybe I will this year but doubtful.

However, I probably could still I always keep the scorecard for any course I play at.

maybe i’ll start to get into it this summer if I have some free time. I have a nice set of clubs, just havent really used them in like 8 years

Does any one golf on here?

i used to…i havent golfed in at least 2 years, and i sucked horribly then, and prob suck even worse if i tried playing now.

Same as Mike… been about 2 years…

Search is your friend noob.:slight_smile:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26780&highlight=GOLF

And yes, I golf.:smiley:

i saw that but was not sure if it was last year or for this coming year, wanted to see who is all interested