Anyone golf?

1st post was 3/8/2007 :gotme:

whoops my bad, i thought it said 06

ok now that i found the topic, I am thinking about picking up a new set of clubs what do you guys think are good, I just have a cheapy set that I have been using and now I want to move up. Any info would be great, dont want to spend a fortune. Thanks for any info!!

i started playing 2yrs ago with my dad, im not very good and just was starting to get the hang of it at the end of the season so im kind of excited to get back out there and get back into it. i usually play at kis-n-greens out near darien

i used to play everyday at opcc. i love(d) golf. then played for ophs, where we dominated every other school in wny. it was a shit show. i was one of the lesser players on the team with ~ a 6 handicap my senior year. thats how retarded it was. then work and cars took over my life, we took a leave from opcc, and i havent played in 2.5 years :frowning: … i miss it.

my current set consists of…

cleveland 400 8.5*
titleist 975F 15*
titleist 962 3-pw (i wanted the 962b’s in the worst way)
cleveland BeNi 52*
titleist raw 58*
scotty cameron newport…the old school one with the black finish.

my favorite course i played was probably kapalua in maui. (mercedes championships)…

all of my friends/guys i played with for ophs play for their colleges now. one of them is on one of the tours (matt thomas)

i used to shoot pretty well (80’s) but since i have had two kids bought a house and work a lot of hours, so my game has really dropped off but i am still fairly decent. i do still play a lot of tiger woods pga tour 07 lol

and I came home to fine 5" of snow :frowning:

Frog Hair indoor golf FTW!

by far my favorite course. IIRC i shot a 93 but i could care less. It was beautiful.

Ive golfed at a bunch of pro courses and i do it purely to relax. Ive been to courses from cali, vegas, south carolina, all over florida, a few in hawaii, etc. My dad and i make it a habbit to go once every other week somewhere. And whenever we travel we go a couple times. I usually will shoot a mid 90’s. A pack of smokes, 6 pack, and the right course and im in heaven <3

damn ,you guys are good…i shoot 100+…
most of the time i golf in tvcc because my boss has the memebership…FREE so why not…
my driver is callway big something,…
irons are homma or something like that…
balls are either what ever my boss buys or what ever i find in the field… i lose average 6 balls per 18round…i guess i deserve to pick couple of them right?
so if there is a nyspeed tour then i will join but…be warned…i like to take the scenic route…

^most people lie about their golf game, don’t feel bad.

LOL sooo true…

personally I shoot par… lol

legends in canada is a really nice course as well…

so is pinehurst #2

lol par is weeaaaaakkkk. i set course records everytime im out.

anyone know how to get videos from a phone to a computer? i tried options>send and options>send to pix place, but it said the file was too big, and idk how to make it smaller. i have a cool short vid of a hole i played in Tennessee last week.

Do you have a memory card for your phone?

several of my old golf buddies play for methodist. i was out with the one guy when he set the course record at op with a 59. thats 13 under :tup:

this thread is really makin me miss it

I used to play a lot. Almost daily. Then I took about 6 years off and have only played about 5 times in the last 3 years.

I don’t have clubs anymore which is a contributing factor to me not playing. I might pick it up again this year if I have time.

Wow, thats a huge :tup: from me.

I want to golf now damnit!

Anywho, I’m a leisure golfer, some beer, some friends, and a good time. I used to golf with a friend who was a low-mid 80 shooter and if he missed a shot he would throw clubs, or punch the cart, etc. And thats not cool, I stopped golfing with him it was embarassing.

“I’m all about having a good time, take my pants off at sea world, start a fire in some ladys kitchen” Haha

no memory card :frowning:

he would get that pissed and still shoot 10 over par?? that is weak sauce, the only time people should get THAT pissed is when money is on the line or they are a par or better player