My Weekend Pics *Maxton Monster Mile* 56k Warning

If you have 56k, you could call TW or Verizon, have them install it in about 2 weeks and view the pics before you could see them on 56k

On Friday, My cousin and I set off in our Grandfathers Grand Marquis :tup: to go watch our other twin cousins compete in the Maxton Monster Mile…and event organized by the East Coast Timing Association (ECTA).

So we left in our trusty car and got about an hour into the trip when our first trouble occured.

Flat Tire

Our second bit of trouble with the car…

Our Truckstop solution to the 2nd and most critical problem…

:stuck_out_tongue:

At about 1am somewhere in VA. gased up

About 3am sat. morning we reach our lodging for the weekend…so Dreamium…Not so much

The racing started at 8am Saturday morning. So we got up bright and early and headed to the Maxton Airport…a place for retired Northwestern Jets…pretty cool sight. But to my surprise…no cousin…no race car…no race car trailer…just some of their friends. So I inquire as to where the heck they were and to my surprise they were still dyno tuning the car. So I called my cousin and said…where the F are you? To which he says the car is running out of fuel and going lean at 6500 rpm but making 600hp to the tires off the bottle. And they were in the process of putting a Dominator carb and I think 98 or 99 jets in it with bowl extenders and a second/seperate fuel pump for the nitrous.

So we wait and watch the rest of the participants run in anticipation of my cousins arrival.

187mph Mitsu

SEMA Truck - Guy was called out for building a “show truck” so he decided to run

205mph Trans Am

Hotness

UBER MF-ing SUPER DUPER HOTNESS

174mph 1800hp TT Viper…Shut down at 1/2 track and coasted to a 174 :eek:

Hennessey Viper went 224mph

NASCAR Chasis…car is gorgeous

167mph C6

3.2 Kenne Bell Cobra

240sx with an Aurora Race Motor

HOT

nice pics. hot viper

Finally at 5:30pm on Day 1 my cousin rolls in

Did not have time to get the car put together and teched for Day1 so we went back to the hotel and had some beers.

Day 2 we unload the car and begin to put all of the aero and safety gear in the car and plumb the fire supression system. Last minute is always the best. :tup:

You don’t wanna know the $ in this

omg

thats some baller ass cars right there.

So we tow the beast to the staging lanes…

These 2 guys in black might look familiar from Pinks :tup: TransAm vs. Civic

THE MONSTER MILE

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/SilverZ32/th_maxton066.jpg

On her way to her fresh out the box 212mph Class Record Setting run!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/SilverZ32/th_maxton067.jpg

Car has a ton of power left in it and if they had more time to tune it, they feel they could get near 220mph with it. :tup:

And a couple of things I just cant go down to NC without visiting.

I can’t wait for next year…maybe NYSpeed can represent next year.

I am tempted to get something together to run…and bikes are also welcome to run so hopefully next year we can get a crew to head down.

noble. UGH.

That looks like fun. I’d definately go.

that looks like some crazy shit. :tup:

awesome pics kyle :tup: congrats to your cousin!

wow, looks like a good time.

I know where the Texas Mile takes place, where does the Maxton Mile take place?

Maxton NC…pretty much right on the border of North and South Carolina…alot of guys were talking about Texas at this event. I think they were saying Texas was last weekend and alot of these guys go run Bonneville too.

Next year I am hoping to organize a trip down. Now that I know what to expect/bring with to have an even better time it would be good times for all.

All of the other competitors and organizers were awesome and when my cousin set the record after the crazy weekend of trying to get the car together and proper to pull it bag into the pits with everyone clapping and high 5ing as we went by was a pretty awesome sight.

And it was about 12hrs. on the dot to get down there so it was an easy drive.

I will definitely be down to run this next year with the new turbo motor. I’d be hoping to clock in ~180-190. Chipped (otherwise Stock) car clocked in at 149 at Texas last year. I was actually planning on making the trek to texas, but didnt realize this was that close!

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:16,topic:26957"”]

Next year I am hoping to organize a trip down. Now that I know what to expect/bring with to have an even better time it would be good times for all.

All of the other competitors and organizers were awesome and when my cousin set the record after the crazy weekend of trying to get the car together and proper to pull it bag into the pits with everyone clapping and high 5ing as we went by was a pretty awesome sight.

And it was about 12hrs. on the dot to get down there so it was an easy drive.

[/quote]

how far is this from the BLue Ridge Parkway? double destination cruise?:gotme:

This is something that I would definately like to do, didnt know it existed.

Never heard of this before. Great post, nice pics :tup: