My twin turbo camaro goes 10 flat 140mph

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBMJe8o5zLk”]YouTube- 401 twin turbo camaro on 12-14 psi[/ame]

14 psi on that 140mph run but didnt pick up much compared to my 13 psi run… surprisingly enough. ET didnt change much from 12-14 psi but i went 1.56 60 foot on 12psi, 1.58 with some spin on 13psi, and 1.60 60 on 14psi

Pump gas no meth on stock 10bolt rear 2.73 gears :slight_smile:

Cant wait to get some alky and get my 9’s!! So close i should be there already with proper brake boost launch and abit colder air, maybe some gear?

if you were to use some steeper gears for the rearend, would you still be able to hit 140’s by the end without running deep into redline?

what gear you in goin thru the traps and what rpm. thats fuckin sick and i love how the announcer keeps repeating that its a street car driven there. awesome set up

impressive !

Sweet ! Almost 9’s :beer:

3rd pass was that GOT SVT from here raced?

Probly go abit higher on the gear ratio and still not over rev

what gear you in goin thru the traps and what rpm. thats fuckin sick and i love how the announcer keeps repeating that its a street car driven there. awesome set up

3 spd Th400 trans so i’m in third for sure… as far as rpm at the tape, i’m not sure… somewhere near 5500 on my tach but not sure how accurate that is. Converter in this thing acts sorta like a power glide… it flashes up and stays right around 5300-5500, even when i shift. When i cross the line its starts to go up higher but with 2.73 gears actually rpm should be 4941 so i got some slip there for sure

I think that Red SVT had license plate Boost it? or something like that. Car ran good he did 11.00 at 128

I’d shoot for 9’s as it sits. why fix if not broke ??

Looks good MPH Justin :kekegay: :beer:

Just needs abit more work in the tune, if i lean it out a touch it will go. If I got the intake temps down abit it would go. If i could launch on good boost, it would go. Many little things I need to tweak. But i just want a alky kit and more boost…trapping 140+ is too fun

awesome

Awesome. Wish I could have made it out, but was helping my dad all day.

Fantastic!

niiiiiiiiiice! congrats!

mightymouse runs a 26" tire with 300 gear to give you a thought

if youre on 28s i would probably find a 323 gear set. If you run 26s i wouldnt worry about it to be honest. the less gear helps load the turbos

congrats on the new times but was that blue smoke in the first run?

congrats…ver nice

blue smoke, it may be… i think oil is pushing through the turbo oil seal… I found some oil residue in the intake tract. I dont think thats very good. May need a restrictor in the feed line

dont use a restrictor with a journal bearing turbo. the only turbos requiring a restrictor are the ball bearing ones.

it could be possible youre 401 is to much for those turbos. since you did say you turned the psi up and didtn gain anything makes me beleive youre starting to get out of the efficencey of the compressor map

yeah I was hitting about 13 psi, and then moved to 13.8 and only picked up 1 mph… but 1 psi may be 20-30whp so 1 mph gain when you are already going 139 may be a decent gain?

I heard alot of guys run restrictors on Master Power turbos… I didnt think a 60mm would be too small, maybe my turbine a/r could be next size up but I had these turbos spec’d to flow near 55-60 lb/min each. I think i’m only near 45lb/min airflow (850ish hp)

what could explain oil in the intake piping tho? When i blew the pipes off I saw oil drops all on the outside of the pipe like it came from inside
Probly high exhaust back pressure?

ive never heard of anyone running restrictor with a MP turbo.

youre exhaust housing size is what? those might be choking it up some, and youre right 1psi isnt going to net you as much as if you were going much slower

as for oil in the intake tubes…how is your motor vented? i run -10 off each VC and a -6 from valley cover to a breather can setup

Wow. Congrats! That car is awesome.

housing is a .68 a/r but its a T4 housing so its not entirely too small. Some say it is tho. I want to go with .96’s if i intend to keep boost high in the 15-17psi range. .68 is great for lower boost. But it comes in too hard and just spins tire on street. .96 may help that some.

I have 5/8" rubber lines off the valve covers into a catch can. Inside diameter is abit bigger than -10 AN i believe. I’m guessing its not venting enough and i may have too much crankcase pressure causing oil to seep through to the compressor side and into the intake pipes?