my vacation...provided by best buy...was awesome v.pics

fuck best buy…sneaky bastards

[quote=“bpipe95,post:19,topic:37279"”]

First off, I must say very cool gifts.

Being an ex best buy employee I am absolutely amazed they would do something like this.

[/quote]

they do it 2 or 3 times a year…every year. you are right though, they are awesome gifts. keep in mind though, most of this is vendor provided. regardelss of your opinion on the company, it makes money and makes money for vendors.

It is so far from the normal shit on your employees that work so hard to meet the HUGE budgets
my budgets were, and remain to be extremely obtainable. they are far from HUGE. huge in the literal sense, but considering the traffic our store sees, they’re completely obtainable.

and get paid 8-9 bucks an hour methods they are famous for. Hell they recently fucked with the employee discounts and that was the only real reason for working there.

the pay rate is bull shit for a bull shit job. full time and part time employees have little expectations and don’t have to do a damn thing. for th amount of responsibility involved, the pay is pretty good. when i was part time, then when i was full time, i had never had a job that easy with such little responsibility. as for the discount, if that is your only reason for working there, then you are at a shitty store. also, there was talk of stipulations with the discount, but they didn’t go through with it.

It will be interesting to see what direction they go now after that whole Name designated store thing completely FAILED. (God that made me happy)
what are you referring to? and if you want to talk about seeing something fail, you should see this customer assistant thing. i don’t have a lot of faith in that.

That new CEO better be on hell of a motivational speaker, as the work to pay ratio absolutely sucks from bottom to supervisors.
supervisors make fantastic money for what they get paid to do. i’ve searched high and low for a job that will pay as well and give me as good of benefits for the amount of work i do. i can’t find anything.

I was just talking to one of my Stores today about the Samsung Front loaders and GE front loaders.

Buy the extended warranty if you can on the front loader. When they break you will be months with out parts and it will cost an arm an a leg. last time I saw one opened up I was shocked how shitty and dangerous the wiring is. Hey it’s America and as long as it looks cool with a “custom color” that is all that matters, dont worry about the low safty standard pile of Korean shit that you just paid almost 3k for.
the low standard pile of shit korean manufacturers are making products that are phenomenally better than your “american” (i use that term loosely) manufacturers. realistically, this isn’t maytag 30 years ago putting repair shops out of business. they are all piles of shit on paper which is why the service sells so well on them. every part i’ve ordered for these korean manufacturers have been available in a week or less. quite a bit better than what i can say about whirlpool and frigidaire.

Oh and so you don’t think I am just some bitter fuck I trained the current appliance sup and HT sup in the Henrietta store here in Rochester, before I left on very good terms for my current job.

doesn’t matter who you trained. you sound like a bitter fuck. then again, i sound like a fan boy and it sounds like we both have every reason to be who we sound like we are. if you’re from the henrietta store and your manager is who i think it was, then that dude sucks and i’m not surprised you are so bitter.

The store I worked for had crazy high expectations and you would get written up all the time for not “loading” the sale with prp psp and all the accessories in the world. That part did suck. The middle management treated you like absolute shit no matter how well you did.

The segmentation into “berry” “bb biz” and all the other names was the thing I was talking about. IT SUCKED. I had the chance to work with an employee that was trained in one of the test stores, I believe it was a “Jill” store. The one that was focused on the “soccer mom”. She could sell great to woman but would loose every sale if a man was with the woman. it was absolutely entertaining.

When I worked for them my store manager was a woman that I had worked for at circuit city and followed to best buy. I worked for her for about 5 years between both stores, she was good to me but most hated her. It was the middle management that was the worst.

As for parts I am not talking out handles or hinges or knobs. I mean real parts like electronics and hard parts. Being in a big box store you do not see the repair problems as it is all 3rd party you might see about %15 of the problems in your store from these products. Talk to the local businesses that have to actually to the repair work on the items you sell, I am willing to bet you would be rather surprised.

Yes personal experience will deff shape ones opinion about an employer. I just did not want you to think I was just some jerk off that got fired or something. I was a very productive employee that got the shit end of the stick many times, and I am thankful every day for the absolutely wonderful job I have now.

and again those are some pretty sweet gifts. I wish I could snag some things like that and the events I sometimes attend.

funny part is that if my territory did not just change I would probably be getting to know you pretty well over the next year or so. :slight_smile:

fucking awesome.

p.s. you look good. you been working out?

[quote=“Sc1chik,post:24,topic:37279"”]

fucking awesome.

[/quote]

fucking LOL

im glad you had such a good time mr kraft. I still hate you out of jealousy…

<3

[quote=“originalsin,post:6,topic:37279"”]

all the free shit.

i hate you

[/quote]

word, I hate you too

honestly though, that rules. Congrats… talk about hitting the jackpot

[quote=“bpipe95,post:23,topic:37279"”]

The store I worked for had crazy high expectations and you would get written up all the time for not “loading” the sale with prp psp and all the accessories in the world. That part did suck. The middle management treated you like absolute shit no matter how well you did.

The segmentation into “berry” “bb biz” and all the other names was the thing I was talking about. IT SUCKED. I had the chance to work with an employee that was trained in one of the test stores, I believe it was a “Jill” store. The one that was focused on the “soccer mom”. She could sell great to woman but would loose every sale if a man was with the woman. it was absolutely entertaining.

When I worked for them my store manager was a woman that I had worked for at circuit city and followed to best buy. I worked for her for about 5 years between both stores, she was good to me but most hated her. It was the middle management that was the worst.

As for parts I am not talking out handles or hinges or knobs. I mean real parts like electronics and hard parts. Being in a big box store you do not see the repair problems as it is all 3rd party you might see about %15 of the problems in your store from these products. Talk to the local businesses that have to actually to the repair work on the items you sell, I am willing to bet you would be rather surprised.

Yes personal experience will deff shape ones opinion about an employer. I just did not want you to think I was just some jerk off that got fired or something. I was a very productive employee that got the shit end of the stick many times, and I am thankful every day for the absolutely wonderful job I have now.

and again those are some pretty sweet gifts. I wish I could snag some things like that and the events I sometimes attend.

funny part is that if my territory did not just change I would probably be getting to know you pretty well over the next year or so. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

the barry and jill/ray and maria thing are something every store does. it’s just best buy’s way of simplifying socioeconomic classes for idiots. how long ago was it you were working for best buy? written up for PRP/PSP attachments? that’s no longer something you really see. best buy 5 years ago and best buy today are two totally different things.

[quote=“Sc1chik,post:24,topic:37279"”]

fucking awesome.

[/quote]

lulz. all natural 190 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal

[quote=“Shrives,post:25,topic:37279"”]

fucking LOL

im glad you had such a good time mr kraft. I still hate you out of jealousy…

<3

[/quote]

<3 it was a good time. come over and you can see the video if you want.

Wanna sell me that dyson?

im sooo jealous!

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:28,topic:37279"”]

Wanna sell me that dyson?

[/quote]

seeling any of this would get me in a lot of trouble. none of it is for sale.

my mother called me about 2 weeks ago wanting to know about a good lightweight vaccum as she has had numerous back surgeries and is in pain quite ofen. i told her about that one. she said it was too much money. ironically, i got it and have no use for it. she will be getting it in the mail as a gift shortly along with various other things i purchased for her and my father.

BAWWWWLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Hey DEX i cant view pics while using a gov connection but im curious did you ever work at the NFB store cause i worked for Best Buy a total of 3.5 years and am curious if i know you. Anyhow you work for Frank now right? Great guy i make sure to visit him whenever i am home on vacation. Also when i worked there it was great i loved working at Best Buy and the pay is relative to how well you do your job for the guy who didnt like it. I made $12/hr part time which is far from anything you can complain about. Part of this is because i was a Supervisor at a store in NC then went part-time when i moved back to b-lo. Anyhow i liked it enough that i plan to work there again when i move home while i finish a MBA program. I really think it would be hard to beat working there part or full time.

good for you dan! that looks like a ton of fun. high five for freeee baullin merch.

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:32,topic:37279"”]

Hey DEX i cant view pics while using a gov connection but im curious did you ever work at the NFB store cause i worked for Best Buy a total of 3.5 years and am curious if i know you. Anyhow you work for Frank now right? Great guy i make sure to visit him whenever i am home on vacation. Also when i worked there it was great i loved working at Best Buy and the pay is relative to how well you do your job for the guy who didnt like it. I made $12/hr part time which is far from anything you can complain about. Part of this is because i was a Supervisor at a store in NC then went part-time when i moved back to b-lo. Anyhow i liked it enough that i plan to work there again when i move home while i finish a MBA program. I really think it would be hard to beat working there part or full time.

[/quote]

no i started at best buy about a year ago shortly after the galleria store opened. yea i work for frank. he’s crazy but an awesome boss and has directed me extremely well so far. i can’t say a bad thing about him really.

[quote=“PsngrSeatsR4Boys,post:33,topic:37279"”]

good for you dan! that looks like a ton of fun. high five for freeee baullin merch.

[/quote]

thanks kait <3

Word he is kinda out there but deffinatley wont steer you wrong. I worked for him when he was a supervisor of car audio(back when there was a supervisor of audio and a supervisor for install). We used to have a blast but i wont say too much cant give you any leverage on good old Frank. Next time you go to work tell Mulvah in the install bay that Blake in Iraq says he is a little sally bitch with a small penor and ill be home next week.

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:35,topic:37279"”]

Word he is kinda out there but deffinatley wont steer you wrong. I worked for him when he was a supervisor of car audio(back when there was a supervisor of audio and a supervisor for install). We used to have a blast but i wont say too much cant give you any leverage on good old Frank. Next time you go to work tell Mulvah in the install bay that Blake in Iraq says he is a little sally bitch with a small penor and ill be home next week.

[/quote]

hahaha awesome. it’s too bad you can’t see the pics. the last pic is of me, mulvah, and the COO. i’m texting that to mulvah right now.

LOL your GM was my sales supervisor man i miss Best Buy alot it was great working there and they did alot for me. I went to one of my old GM’s and was like hey i think i want to move to NC for college can i stay with BB they not only transfered me they promoted me to supervisor and gave me paperwork saying they made me move so i got in state tuition in NC then a year later i called and said hey i am moving back to b-lo but i only want to work part time and they took care of me and paid me rediculous for part time. I plan to do that again when i mive back there again fo sho.

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:37,topic:37279"”]

LOL your GM was my sales supervisor man i miss Best Buy alot it was great working there and they did alot for me. I went to one of my old GM’s and was like hey i think i want to move to NC for college can i stay with BB they not only transfered me they promoted me to supervisor and gave me paperwork saying they made me move so i got in state tuition in NC then a year later i called and said hey i am moving back to b-lo but i only want to work part time and they took care of me and paid me rediculous for part time. I plan to do that again when i mive back there again fo sho.

[/quote]

you’re thinking of scott. he’s not the GM anymore. he’s some sort of regional manager or something now. scott was awesome though. maybe we’ll end up working together.

Word maybe but it wont be for about 23months lol so if you are still there then yea. Who is your GM now? and let me know when you get a response from him. hey out of curiosity who is installing there now with mike? is ghetto Mark or Frock around? Ill make sure to stop in when i am home i kept really good ties with alot of people there when i left.

[quote=“cougarspeed,post:39,topic:37279"”]

Word maybe but it wont be for about 23months lol so if you are still there then yea. Who is your GM now? and let me know when you get a response from him. hey out of curiosity who is installing there now with mike? is ghetto Mark or Frock around? Ill make sure to stop in when i am home i kept really good ties with alot of people there when i left.

[/quote]

install bay is a bunch of new people. the only one you might know is brent. he’s on here as oasis24-7. i think i might have met you once when you were outside talking to brent. our GM now is a guy named mike, but he’s new to the area. mulvaugh isn’t in the install bay. he’s a supervisor now of a new position we just rolled out called customer assistants.