my welding is improving a bit

I know it’s not great but it doesn’t leak and i do with what i have (gassless mig)

Didnt’ burn through and got good penetration on the pipe.

that looks great (if you’re a blind welder with parkinsons)

:D:D:D

j/k

Pretty or ugly, strong is strong. Good work!

practice make perfect, would try to get gas for welder though. flux wire never really works as well as gas shielded welding. congrats on getting better

I dont’ have the money, just using what I have here. Dads gassless mig. I dont’ do enough welding here for me to really get too far into it, Before I figured out how to get a nicer weld bead I hated it, now it does’t bother me, as long as the metal is clean and new I have no problems.

:bigthumb:

:bigthumb:

I have seen worse.

I have to go with the other guys in the suggestion that you ditch the flux core for a gas shielded mig.

How are you welding it, most people move back and forth trying to get the stacked metal look, but really that look only comes from a tig weld or some stick rods should be run like that. A weave pattern looks kinda like that too but a little different. When I run a mig bead and a flat, horizontal, and overhead bead with alot of stick rods I just lay it in there flat and not try and make it give that stacked dimes look. Also when you go back and forth in the wrong pattern with stick of flux core you trap slag in there which makes your welds crap.

It also looks like your travel speed might be a bit fast too. Anyways keep practicing.

no thanks, have other stuff that needs to be purchased with that money

i would be pretty happy with those welds. I have been practicing up on my lincoln gas shielded mig…if thats how u say it.

like i said, strong is strong…these are good welds pic’d here. hot surface, hot interior, no penetration problems, why worry?

i tell you what helps me sometimes, i use both hands when i can, i pull the trigger with one and hold the nozzel with the other to really control the weld…

yeah i’ve been doing that also