NAPA clutch master - BEWARE

So that $56 clutch master from napa seems like a steal eh…

my current one was installed last spring and used for the summer. the car was stored and then pulled out 2 weeks ago.

It failed last night - $75 tow fee…

The SOB had less than 15K on it and still looks brand new, no stains, oxidization anything.

Full DOT3 fluid flush when installed new (with slave and braided line), there were black chunks floating in the resevoir and the seal seems to have expanded on the cap.

The Best part is I replaced the original OEM (1995) one with this piece of shit when it was working fine.

OEM = $119 (Paul Coffey) I just ordered the last one in Canada

EDIT: SR20 with a 3 puck and heavy weight diaphram, stock slave(nismo as soon as this dies)

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=192838

3/4" willwood clutch master conversion article

Damn dude…maybe that’s why my clutch felt like shit too…

By the way, why the fuck do you not have CAA? $99 for the whole year, 5 tows, 200km per tow! + all the discounts no movietickets, attractions, etc.

I don’t work for CAA but I just recently realized all those things and have been making use of them :smiley:

yep time to pimp CAA, after 72 hours of course…

you could say I am between memberships currently…

yeah i baught a clutch slave from napa it failed within like 6 months. started leaking.

I need to get CAA just in case, its only 100$ a year? thats like ten bux a month… could be real useful in a snow storm or a track day gone bad or something :-/ Mark as silly as it sounds msg me about this on msn lol… I never had CAA before.

:picard:

NAPA, get the good stuff!!!

You just wreck stuff Darian. Whether on purpose or not, you just do. Luck perhaps ?

I’ve been running a NAPA Clutch Master since 06 with zero issues.

I’m running a NAPA slave…no problems…

yah ive gone threw 2 or 3 napa slaves and 2 clutch masters, my cost on the slave was like 11$ and the master was like 23$, both of which have failed at the worst possible times, sounded like a good deal, when i went SR i just used the oem sr master and slave. no problems since

Need
Another
Part
Asshole