NECC Dyno Day RESULTS!!

Now my air/fuel was messed up. Lean at ~3,000rpm and nice and rich up top.

Now my air/fuel was messed up. Lean at ~3,000rpm and nice and rich up top.[/quote]
what size injectors are your stock ones?

Eh, my buddy was hanging around and decided to dyno for the heck of it. All he has is an intake. Travis from Apex says the average Focus pulls ~ 110 FWHP. At least he beat out the pickup :P[/quote]
I think the 5th gear dyno runs in the truck really brought down the numbers. :?

Eh, my buddy was hanging around and decided to dyno for the heck of it. All he has is an intake. Travis from Apex says the average Focus pulls ~ 110 FWHP. At least he beat out the pickup :P[/quote]
I think the 5th gear dyno runs in the truck really brought down the numbers. :?[/quote]
They would, why wouldn’t he run 4th gear?

I think the 5th gear dyno runs in the truck really brought down the numbers. :?[/quote]
They would, why wouldn’t he run 4th gear?[/quote]
Every other car dynoed on 3rd or 4th, but they dynoed the truck in 5th.

the needle was buried …it was awesome

Now my air/fuel was messed up. Lean at ~3,000rpm and nice and rich up top.[/quote]
what size injectors are your stock ones?[/quote]
Stock size is something like 224cc/min. Tiny basically.

That is small. Maybe it was the ethanol blended 94 contributing extra oxygen contributing to my higher a/f ratio.

Who else was running 94 ethanol on the dyno? I ran straight 91.

I was running 94 Husky …dont trust that stuff though as the mixture is not accurate or even consistent …
next time around I am buying some VP race fuel just for this occasion …

Meh, I wanted to dyno what I’m running on the street. When the car gets a little more work done I’ll worry about race fuel.

yeah that is the same fuel and boost I run while driving it everyday …
I want to push it a little before I put it away for the summer …

KA24E engine used from 8/89 on
HP - 135 @ 5200RPM
TQ - 154 @ 3600RPM

VERY VERY DISAPOINTED…Not sure when it happened (maybe when Adam left) but apex is really starting to suck.
:nay: :nay:

I bet you another dyno run (THIS TIME IN 3rd) that I would beat that focus on the track. 107 my ass!

Aaron, do you have my dyno sheet?

The dyno pull should have been done in 4th, that’s just wierd.