NECC Dyno Day RESULTS!!

Hello everyone. The NECC Dyno day was another successful event! We had a total of 13 participants.

Below I have made a little list of the people that dyno’d, their best hp numbers, and the corresponding torque numbers; starting with highest first:

Scott (TyPhOOn): FC RX7

• hp: 357.67
  • ft/lbs: 284.65

Rob (vorpalZ): Z32 TT

• hp: 335.61
  • ft/lbs: 379.20

Aaron (SRBURG13): S13 Hatch

• hp: 289.01
  • ft/lbs: 251.57

Matt (ChromeDragon): Z31 Turbo

• hp: 239.82
  • ft/lbs: 298.35

Jared (1mns13): S13 Hatch

• hp: 239.23
  • ft/lbs: 254.74

Mike (DoubleDown): S13 Hatch

• hp: 221.02
  • ft/lbs: 253.57

Gary: Maxima

• hp: 167.82
  • ft/lbs: 166.72

Bob (Bobcat): '86 Celica

• hp: 164.52
  • ft/lbs: 237.02

Wilson (Mightaswell): Z31

• hp: 161.36
  • ft/lbs: 198.05

Flavio (Nis240): S13 Coupe

• hp: 139.45
  • ft/lbs: 143.72

Ludo: Ford Focus

• hp: 117.62
  • ft/lbs: 124.34

Mike (silvia_s13): D21 Pickup

• hp: 109.35
  • ft/lbs: 128.99

Congrats to everyone! And my appologies if I got anyones names and what not mixed up.

Oh man…fourth. :?

Hehe, even if I hadn’t lost power from last year I would still be in 4th. Now how about that second place spot in torque… :E

I shall be ordering my shocks this week as well as some intercooler piping. Hopefully I will have everything up and running for drifting on June 3rd. :partyman:

Woot Woot i made an almost an extra 11hp and 7 ft.lb from a cat back, Thats all NA power baby!!! :lol:

This sucks.

wow scott on top again…him and his imports thats crazy power

u forgot

Slide

361 whp

Congrats all! Wish I could have made it but good to see that we had almost all 14 slots filled. Holy rotary power! And the torque on that Z32 is pure tire-shredding goodness!

To be fair, that was on the run my clutch slipped
I set up for higher boost and my clutch couldn’t keep the power…

check out the weirdness on the chart:

http://atonal.ca/frugalgarage/dynoweirdness.jpg

clutch slipped between 3500 - 5000 RPM, tach was climbing, speed was dropping. Grabbed around 5000 and pulled to 6500. Stinky bad clutch smell after the pull. Not an accurate number based on the spike when the clutch grabbed. I’ll be replacing the clutch + flywheel and try it again. And this, folks, is why we dyno!!!

Regards,

I just about tied with Matt. Now if I only had a safer air/fuel, to keep that horsepower.

How much boost Jared? Is FMIC the only upgrade you have that I dont? Any of your problems worked out? I really wish I could have made it.

Any pics or vids?

Thanks for all the results. By the way, my names Winston. haha. :smiley:

I am happy to hear the numbers that Jared put down this year as well as everyone else …everyone is getting stuff together and fixing previous minor problems to get the better results …hope to see the same trends by the time of the next dyno day

I am glad I found out my fuel/vaccum problems midway through the day so I could make a pull …but I hoped for better numbers but didnt want to wreck anything

I spoke to Mark about what Conroy told you about tolerance for error with a rotary. good decision on your part. I suspect under his vigilance you should another 40whp.

How much boost Jared? Is FMIC the only upgrade you have that I dont? Any of your problems worked out? I really wish I could have made it.[/quote]
17psi by about 3500rpm, dropping to 10 by the speed limiter. Maybe 4th gear helped? It’s certainly more accurate.

Yes indeed …I am just happy everyday when that thing fires up :stuck_out_tongue: … its been a learning experience from day one with that car …
didnt want to make a rotary explosion at the piston gathering … but with a bit more boost and better gas I will make the numbers I am looking for …

Hey guys, just wanted to thank you for putting up with an old Toyota guy. By the way, the car is an '83, the engine an '86.

Now, if I could trade some torque for horsepower…

:eew: Wow that ford focus rocks, I’m gonna go buy myself one. lol :E

My brother just informed that Mike and me and more torque than Aaron. Strange, considering the high rpm airflow of the GT25R.

Thanks for pointing that out :wink: We’ll see the difference on the track though… lol

Eh, my buddy was hanging around and decided to dyno for the heck of it. All he has is an intake. Travis from Apex says the average Focus pulls ~ 110 FWHP. At least he beat out the pickup :stuck_out_tongue: