Need a decent workspace

Hey guys,

So, I’m still living at home with my mom, I would like to get my car to a decent state and put money towards that instead of trying to find my own place with a garage and dumping all my money towards rent. At the moment I don’t need anything but I’m trying to get a line on a place I can keep my 240 while I work on it. My mom is NOT cool with having 240 parts strewn across her garage and not being able to bring her car in. I will not need a space until around April/May, possibly sooner, it all depends. But I need a place that’s warm, big enough to store the car, parts, and tools, somewhere relatively close to Beamsville, Hamilton/Burlington area preferred. And if you have a plug for a welder, or just a welder I can use, and possibly and engine hoist and stand that’d be mint. The cars getting sent out to sandblasting after it gets all torn apart, then I’m patching the rockers and floor, I’m gonna need the place for a decent amount of time as it’s basically gonna be a full head-to-toe restoration.

storage facilities, go rent out a storage unit where ever is closest for you.
like “storage mart” in your area or whatever. few hundred bucks a month ($400-$600)
unless you were expecting something for free…lol good luck with that.

I’m down to pay someone like 200 bucks a month or something for a decent sized shop, but there’s no way in hell I’m dropping 400-600 a month on a shitty little storage unit. I might as well go rent a house with a friend. Like, I’m trying to build a car, not rent out a space so I can look at it 'cause all my moneys going to pay for the place to keep it.

you can work in the storage units lol… and setup shop there basically, that’s what a ton of people do.

why not just pay your mom $200 for the trouble then ? just an idea.

Because she’s really disturbed over the fact she won’t be able to park her car in the garage. Plus my garage is basically big enough for a car, too much shit laying around already. Storage units are too expensive though dood. Wherever I can save some money, I would like to. Imagine this. If I work like 40 hours a week, making like 11 bucks an hour. That’s at most, 350 bucks a week after taxes. If i get paid every other week, so 700 bucks every two weeks, 1400 a month. So basically 3/4 of my first paycheck every month is to pay the storage place. That just bothers my brain. If worse comes to worse, I’m gonna tell my mom to take a lap, move all the shit out of the garage, and do it in there, mama bear’s not gonna be too thrilled though.

I’m living at home, too single garage.

Just clean up after yourself, and store larger parts and stuff underneath and inside your car. put the car on stands to store stuff under if you need.

Ugh, this is gonna get real difficult. If you could see my garage you’d understand why I’m like “fuck that”

Storage unit is 170 per month. Make a phone call or 2.

Your mom sounds like a sweet lady. Don’t put her out on the street. That’d be cold.

If you can give me the number to the place that’ll give me a storage unit for 170 a month for a unit that will fit a car, engine on a stand, lots of tools, and a heapload of parts, that’d be awesome. Because everywhere I called yesterday for a unit JUST big enough to store a car, most places told me 400-600 or more, a month.

Sentinel storage in Ajax is 172 per month.
I know a few ppl that have/had units there to store and work on their cars, figured that’s the typical going rate.
I don’t know where beamsville is, but it really can’t be THAT much difference in price… Can it?
400-600 is outrageous!.

i found this near beamsville for under 200 a month in two seconds on google

http://www.jordanstationstorage.com/

http://www.smithvilleministorage.com/units.html

buy a house. then fix cars not the other way around

In between Hamilton and St. Catharines, wolf, thank you, appreciate it, and coop, i’m 19 -.- don’t need a house, if I could afford one though, I’d have one.

the ones i gave u were between hamilton and st.catherines

Building a car is expensive. Deal with it.

If you’re in beamsville the Smithville one is 10 min from you lol

Man speaks the Truth.

I did a lot in my single garage. From installing coils to swapping motors. Only issue was that you have to clean up every time so you can move around. Move things in and out so you can work on your car but its doable.

I know it’s gonna be difficult, I’ve rebuilt cars for friends before, but they had decent space, but it still wasn’t too spacious. Rather not deal with shit like that again. If you guys saw my garage, you’d be like okay yeah, fuck that shit. I’m just gonna look in to one of the 10 x 20’s or 20 x 20’s in smithville or something.

If anyone has known me for more than 5-6 yrs, they have been to my mothers house. THAT is a small garage. No complaining.

Fiiiiiiine. Probably just gonna get a 20 x 20 in smithville for 200 bucks.