need a little help

so one of the screws on the front coilover was overtorqued and now more than half of the screw is gone.

how do i get this damn screw off?? i tried pliers and a vice, but the bolt seems pretty solid.

any other ideas???

One thing u can do is to drill through the screw and then go to Canadian tire
or one of those kind of stores and get a special set for that kind of
problem…they call it the broken screw set or broken screw removal or somthin’
like that…you can also rent this set for free…that’s what i did before…
Good Luck man…:slight_smile:

cool… you think partsource might have it? for rentals???

i donno about partsource but i rented mine from Canadian Tire…

ya they’ll have it, since dubv says they have it at canadian tire, partsource will have it as well, its the same store lol…

yeah. partsources usually has everything automotive crappy tire has and most of the time it might be cheaper.

^
no it’s not.

it’s price point to price point

cnd tire owns partSource. freaking hell man they use the same numbering system as well.

dam crooks.

nope. i buy a lot of stuff from part source and i always check crappy tire to compare prices. regular price they are the same but a lot of stuff goes on sale at part sources while its still regular price at crappy tire. own of the better deals was ngk spark plugs which was being sold 20% cheaper at parts source than at crappy tire.

i have the things for taking out broken bolts, they dont work very well though, i bought them at Princess auto. u can borrow them if u want, i have 2 types. u have to drill out the bolt first. if it is kinda loose, the bolt removers might work, but usually i have to drill the entire bolt rite out to the threads if its rusted in there and then run a tap to clear out the crap. you can borrow a tap too if u know what the size and thread pitch is. if u can wait til the next meet, i could bring all that shit.