Need bolts, where to go?

IDK about others, but I always go to the one on Crane St, always pretty helpfull about helping me find what I need, at one point I was in there so much within the week, and I needed a couple stupid little things that were a couple bucks a piece, and he told me to just take em, I’ve spent enough on em that week.

You INSTALL hardware on cars?

Just enough to barely hold shit together

Douglas has much more of a selection, at least the stuff that matters to me, I can almost always find there. The guys at Douglas are always extra kind to me with hardware as well. I have left there frequently with hand fulls of grade 8/ 10 hardware for nothing. They do the same thing there.

Every time I have visited Fastenal I was not impressed with the extra small selection they carried, and there were plenty of times I left there empty handed, because well they didn’t have it.

I’m putting Douglas to the test today or Monday when I go to get my 10x1.25x150mm bolts. If they have those, they have everything… and they’ve had everything I’ve needed so far. You can even buy the ENORMOUS bolt and nut they have on display.

I am looking for a bolt for my current project. The size i need is 12x1.25x100. it needs to be grade 10.9. Any one want to try and find it for me. The longest i can find around here in 10.9 is 90mm and there is not enough thread contact. I was able to find it in 8.8 but it is not hard enough. I will pay if someone can find it and ship it to me.

I accept paypal or beer…

only 8.8 grade. 10.9’s dont have the pitch your after. Browse around there… they are the first place to look for stuff, they have just about everything under the sun

I have looked there and fastenal with no luck.

yeah it seems like either they have the M12 and the lenght in the 10.9 but no the pitch or they have the size and pitch but in 8.8

what are you holding together with these that you need 10.9?

its the bolt that holds on the crank pulley on my 300zx. I am swapping to a newer style and need a longer bolt.

Crank pully as in what does it run? I dont know those motors. Is it a timing belt pully or just an aux pully?

If it isnt the t-belt I dont see the dier need to use 10.9’s… but if its the timing belt, and it make some srs power I guess I would want the strongest bolt i could find.

Also if your swaping to a new style why not use an OEM bolt?

it runs the water pump, alternator, and power steering. plus it is also the harmonic damper. This bolt also holds the timing gear in place. I plan to be at 400whp by mid summer. The stock bolt is to short to use with the new style pulley and the bolt for the new style is 14mm so i cant use that.

I have a bolt here that is the right size and length but is is only 8.8
8.8 metric = grade 5
10.9 metric = grade 8

Anyone?

Way to hijack a thread.

^^^WORD