Need bolts, where to go?

DELETE

fastenal on crane st. in schenectady. if they dont have it there they can order it in no time.

Theres one on Railroad Ave also, or is that just there main office?

The woodward co, right off exchange st near everett rd. 458-1141 /shameless plug for my moms work

Hmm, never seen them before over there. I am like 5min from Everett.

They are on burdick, back where it curves around. If you tell me what ya need I can probably give her a call in the am and see if its anything they have

I need about (6) 8-9" bolts, and (8) 4.5" long bolts. I will pull them out to match up the thread pitches tomorrow, but that’s the lengths I will need pretty much.

Just talked to her, she said unless its some crazy width or something, they should have everything ya need in stock. If ya stop over just go to the front counter and they will be able to get ya all hooked up

Thanks! I will swing by tomorrow. There all only about 1/2 thick.

Yeah, they should have that no problem.

if you are going that long with only a 1/2" bolt, I would highly recommend getting atleast Grade 8. Otherwise they are almost guaranteed to bend and possibly break.

Woodward is where I go as well

Ask Shady. With all those Patented Light Weight Mods hes selling, Im sure he has a few.

Sorry, I have nothing constructive to offer here.

Good deal!

Hell, my moms worked there probably longer then 99% of this board has been alive. If I ever have a question thats who I go to

Going with the factory size because the bolt holes are threaded.

factory size is fine… just make sure that the bolts you get are grade 8

Will do.

Douglas Industrial in Watervliet if you didn’t go already, people who actually deserve the money they get

I go out of my way to drive up to Wallace Supply, exit 17N off 87N. Largest in house hardware and contractor supply in the area, just tends to be a bit too far for most people to travel to.

I’m headed there tomorrow if you need something off hand that nobody carries in your area…

+1 for douglas, the true value in glens falls just down the street from wallace also has a good amount

fastenal never really impressed me. Every time I tried them for fasteners I could never be accommodated.