Need Help: Torn photo In need of restoration

I cant find the negative, but I have a picture thats probably 13x24 and It was ripped up. Is there anyway somebody can make it look… NOT TORN UP… maybe reproduce all the parts and work some photoshop magic?

Let me know what my options are. I appreciate it.

Yeah, it is hard no a days to not be able to fix stuff like that. of course any gaps is guess work.

It usually takes a long period of time if it is in bad shape. There must be a photo processing place around here somewhere.

scan photo with a good scanner … p-shop to clean it up. then take to a photo printing place or use someone who has a good photo printer

my cousin actually does this as a side business out of his home, restoring old and damaged photos. i’ll get his cell number for you if you want.

scan the pic. It sounds like an easy Photoshop.

It all depends on how much is missing when you tape it back together. If you have all the pieces the healing brush in photoshop will clean up the tear lines in no time. If chunks are missing they have to be redrawn and that’s a real pain.

ill try to get the pieces scanned, if you know anybody who thinks they can handle it.

i can handle it after my new computer is up and running

I looked at the pic… its not bad, the top of the pic which is just the background is missing, the rest of the pic is all there, just torn in about 3 pieces… Not too bad. Do you have a high quality, relatively large scanner?

how big are the pieces themselves? you can try scanning one at a time and have someone put them together in photoshop if you have a smaller scanner

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Willybeen/Wed.jpg

thats about right… the top is just background (thats the top left corner thats missing) Its pretty much irrelevant so it can be cropped out anyway, the bulk of the rips happen in facial region of those in the pictures…

Dont places do this professionally?

we had a 1940s photo repaired here a few years back. They basically reproduced it (we kept the original) and reversed to a negative as well.

Dont remember the $$

http://www.color-tech.com/