Help with Picture Restoration

Im trying to get an old picture restored for my wife.
Only problem is that the photo is stuck to the frame glass. Its been framed for over 20 years and i have no way of getting it out. Is there any way of restoring it in this condition?

PLease PM me if you know any place or know anyone that will do it for me.

THanks
JoJo

Ok here is the picture.
I’d pay whatever to get this picture restored. I want to surprise my wife by restoring it and possibly making it bigger.

IM sure she’d love it.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2787&d=1190088303

Thanks in advance

A quick Google search said to soak it in water.:gotme:

It seems risky but it might be your only hope.

Try and find out what studio that picture was taken at. My dad told me that the one guy around the corner still has negatives from like 50 years ago.

Well i did a search myself earlier today and saw this, but dont think it will get the job done RIGHT. Like i said before, its the ONLY picture of the girls together and i’d be afraid to soak it in water and have the shit fuck up.

I dont want to die just yet. lol… If my wife finds out the picture is “gone” i will be i big trouble.

THanks for your help…

[quote=“intense98rt,post:4,topic:35552"”]

Try and find out what studio that picture was taken at. My dad told me that the one guy around the corner still has negatives from like 50 years ago.

[/quote]

Excellent. Thats a good idea. :tspry:

traimelo yo lo saco

jaja montate aqui. lol

Go to sleep.

lo sacamos y despues lo soldamos LOL

would heat work? is it just stuck or like glued to the glass?

[quote=“originalsin,post:10,topic:35552"”]

would heat work? is it just stuck or like glued to the glass?

[/quote]

Its stuck/glued to the glass…lol
Im going to try and scan it tomorrow. If that dont work, im going to try and heat it up to see if it works.

leave it out in the sun. if u get that anymore.

[quote=“elmisterioso666,post:9,topic:35552"”]

lo sacamos y despues lo soldamos LOL

[/quote]

lmao.

[quote=“originalsin,post:12,topic:35552"”]

leave it out in the sun. if u get that anymore.

[/quote]

hahaaha… Fuck off as*hO88…lol

dont soak it, dont use heat… take it to a photo lab and ask.
There is one on Sheridan Dr. in Amherst… Colortech I think its called.
They might be able to soak it in the developer solution that was originally used to make the photo. That should not damage it.

Could be possible to photochop it out… but i need a high quality version of that pic.

pm me, i could try scanning it/take a pic of it…

Indeedy, take a high quality shot of it with no glare. Most of it could be photoshopped out. That said besides seeing if the original negatives exist, Violator’s suggestion is probably the next best.

As it is I’m going to try playing with the low res photo already posted.

lol so how’d you break it? And how loud did you yell “fuck!” when you realized that the glass was stuck so covering your ass would be harder?

I’d call a photo lab, or find a place that specializes in picture restoration and ask them.

BUMP
:frowning:

So what photolabs have you talked to?