WTH: Someone to remove the tint from my back window

I have taken like 1/10 of it off, it comes off in little 3 inch strips.

I would like this done today. Let me know how much you want

heat gun

heat gun, razor blade and some amonia

I have an industrial heat gun, tried it, it sucked, Didn’t use ammonia; how much does it help?

the tint is 10 years old

New back window worst case senerio lol i have tried to take it off my old eclipse it was a pain in the asss…it was baked on.

go buy the regular castle glass cleaner start peeling it up and spary some on it itll eventually come off like some buggers…lol… reeally not hard at all… and that stuffs cheap…

key ingredient is ammonia itll cut that glue/adhesive nicely…

yea DANO i can grab some of the castle glasss cleaner from my work for ya…

Ammonia helps soften the tint.

ill do it tomorrow after 2 how much you offering to do it?

I just did it, used a heat gun on the outside of the window while peeling from the inside.

Took about hours, now I just have to get the glue off.

I think i should have left the garage door open a little, I am very light headed from the melting glue/tint.

Windex with amonia on the glue, comes right off.

Fantastic cleaner and one of those scrubby sponges. Like a sponge with a plastic type scrubber all around it. You can use a razor blade too, but you need to be careful NOT to use it over the defroster lines for obvious reasons. :-p

Dan

doesnt the amonia slowly breaks down the defroster lines also?

negative, not that i have ever done. Ive done about 50 cars including applied and removed.

Ya got glass insurance?

give me 25 bucks, a 6 pack of Guiness and a metal blade and ill get it off piece by piece.

^ its done, but had I seen that deal on Sat. I would have let you do it.