Tint Removal

there’s some old tint on my car that’s starting to peel… and bubble… and making the view outside blurry…

I am wondering if there is such a product I can get that I can remove the tint properly w/out damaging other stuff (rear defroster, etc)…

and also remove the glue inbetween?

ty

ed

mix amonia and water/tad of soap togeather and spray/soak the glass and then cover the glass with a garbage bag and let it sit in the sun / heat for a good hour and it will peel right off

make sure the bag is contacting the wet glass

ammonia is key, dissolves the glue.

Curious: what are the garbage bags for? Attract heat from the sun?

keep ammonia from evaporating

a heat gun will speed up the process

also break cleaner works on the rear window spray and wipe.

just as effective?

i used Goo gone automotive, peeled the actual tint off the glue, sprayed that shit all over and let it soak for like 5 mins, used a razor to peel the glue off like gum, worked perfectly

amonia is the fastest way, and the way the profesionals do it. the bags are to keep the amonia from evaporating like the guy said and to keep heat in the glass fromt he sunto soften the adhesive more

razors will of course work but will take forever and you will also fudge your defrost lines.

Is it safe to do this while the window is on the car? Will the amonia do anything it it hits the paint?

Ammonia won’t damage paint, safe to do it while on the car.