Yet another TINT question

How difficult is it to REMOVE tint that has been applied? Also, if it looked “bubbled” from a bad install will my glass still show it?

thanks
-Matt

id say take a razor, and scrape that shit off

Will you notice that there used to be tint there?

-Matt

I guess it all depends on how much time you spend on it, Tint is nothing but a big sticker, peel it off with something sharp spend time and youll get it all

I used to work at a tinting place. To remove tint you can use a heat gun on the other side of the glass (not the tint itself) or boiling water to heat the adhesive up so it comes off much easier. Then you pull it off. After that is done use a razor and soap water on the window to remove any left over glue. Finish up with a rough sponge and windex to remove any really small spots.

I mixed up some kind of amonia concoction when I did mine a few years back. put it in a spray bottle and it worked great!

windex, razor blade and a damp cloth.
it will remove it, thats how i did it on my car a few years back.

removing is 2x harder than applying put it that way. The films not so much the hard part its the adheasive thats left behind on the window…Using the above methods and one of those wide flat razor scraper things(no idea what their really used for) to carefully scrape the adheasive off will work. And its not a fun job at all :frowning:

Remove as much of the film/sticker as you can then the adhesive can be removed using lighter fluid, but I would opt to buy “Ronsonol” (sold at Canadian Tire…very good at removing sticky residue )

Its going to take you time though. GOod luck.

i have a question…

if u have bubbles in ur tint is there a way to smoothin it out.

or use zippo fluid to get off the rest…worked for me

Any tips on applying tint? i went to put on some on the rear side window and i was too rough and made some tears in it…

-Matt

Don’t waste your time. There is an extremely easy way to do it:

1. Buy ammonia
  2. Cover the surface with ammonia and wrap it with a garbage bag or something so that the ammonia just doesn’t evaporate right away
  3. Let it sit somewhere warm for an hour or two. Add more ammonia if its vanishing.
  4. The tint should peel right off, and the ammonia will have dissolved the glue so you won’t need to scrape

brake clean is good for dissolving the left over adhesive too.

just spray on and wiper with a cloth

thats the proper way

yup … get new tint.
that’s all you can do sorry !

what i used to take off my tints and other ppls tints is window cleaner the forming kind soak the window with it and a razor blade to it

Im pretty sure ammonia is in window cleaner thats why you dont apply tint with window cleaner. get the ammonia itself and it will work 10x better than window cleaner as its far more harsh and gets you ripped after a while. :roll: try not to breath it in. Im pretty sure im talking about the right stuff…i never read the bottle at work i was just told use whats in the bottle and the scraper.