Peeling Tint off

I want to take my tint off. Anyone have a link to a good write up?

any tips?

Take razor blade and peel back a top corner of the window…then with a bandaid like ripping action pull off as much as you can.

This will remove the tint.

Now if you want to remove the glue that has the tint stuck to the window then you can spray some amonia window cleaner on it…let it soak up a bit and soften the glue…then you take the razor blade and scrape off all the glue.

For an extra step i like to take steel wool and windex and give the window a good cleaning to make sure all the glue is removed.

becareful on that back window

yeah but i have found regardless of how careful you can be the defrosters never work right again.

^ thats what I was worried about

http://www.tintdude.com/remove.html

is it professional tint or… like wal mart tint?

the cheap shit usually pulls right off. i took off my friends in his BMW a few months ago while we were driving…just ripped right off.

My dad used some tint glue remover spray he got from autozone and said it worked great. Good luck

Jeller

best way I found was to SOAK the window in amonia window cleaner (windex or what have you) and then take a black garbage bag and cut it in half (so it’s a long strip of plastic) and apply it to the window cleaner/cover the windows in it.

let it sit in the sun with the windows up for an hour or so and it should peel right off :slight_smile:

is it on the rear window with the rear defrost? and if there is excessive glue on the back it sucks balls.
how would u remover the adhesive on the bask rear defrost? lol

Dan your tints are pretty dark ~15%? They actually made you appear to be a non-albino human being.

The rear window might be tricky becuase of the defroster and you could ruin it On my old mx6 i didnt bother with the back window. I used the razor and shit like everyone else in here is saying but goo gone works wonders on getting the tint glue residue off , i put it on an old rag and it rubbed right off.Just dont get it on anything besides the window cause it will eat your door panels up and shit.

the tint pulls right off… the glue is a bitch.

get some windex, goo gone, rags, razors (with the scrapper handel) BEER and pizza.

I think i know a guy that can help… IF the last two materials are supplied :slight_smile:

is this so you can put that mirror tint that fades to a really dark tint on your car?

^so much for being :snky:

Castle and razors.