need help with 2000 neon door panel.

During the windstorm, some dickhead at my work was nice enough to swing their door open, and break the passenger side mirror on my girlfriends neon in half.

Its a 2000 neon.

I ended up buying a made in china aftermarket mirror for 19 bucks.

I’m looking for some instruction as to how to get the door panel off on this thing.

A google search shows a x-1999 neon, and hers is a 2000 plymouth neon.

My main question is that it shows something called a door window crank removal tool.

Is there a C clip or something behind the window crank that has to come off, then pull the handle and the shaft off?

Do I really need a tool, or will a screwdriver work?

Any help would be appreciated.

I’m guessing it has power mirrors rather than the remote ones? You don’t have to remove the panel for remote. If it’s electric, I’m not much help. I’ve done it before but I can’t remember without having a car in front of me.

tool helps not break the clips u need a phillips for 3 screws then pull thats about it

trhe clip is also refer to as a jesus clip, cause usualy it pops off and goes flying into some odd corner of the shop, resulting in the comment “oh jesus christ…”

the clip is best removed with the proper tool, anything else is a good way to damage the door panel. in some cases its possible to push the door panel away from the window crank and pop the clip with a screwdrive … but the proper tool is WAY easier

the tool: http://www.lockpickshop.com/images/products/LT460.jpg

use it to remove the clip, then immediatly install the clip back onto the window crank after the crank is off the car. window crank will push into place upon reassembly of the door, and clip will automaticly lock in

+1