Need help with a Honda...

Hey All… this isnt for me. A friend of mine is looking into buying this car and is trying to find out if it is properly modded. I dont know squat about hondas and was hoping someone could take a look and let me know.

Link:
EJ coupe turbo real JDM

The Add

Up for sale is my 94 civic turbo. Car has approx 75k on motor and roughly 140k on shell. Overall the car is in great shape with two tiny spots of honda cancer on rear quarter panels. The Bad- car needs fuel filter reverse switch and headers. (headers can be welded for time being) looking to get 4000 obo or trade for streetbike or another vehicle please call at 6074377055 or email at mke1ven0tbab1e5@aol.com ( any reasonable offer will not be refused)

ENGINE- D16y7 with D16y8 head (vtec head), ported head, K03 turbocharger internal wastegate 10 lbs of boost, billet alluminum turbo oil return flange, stainless steel turbo manifold, GReddy Type RS adjustable blow off valve, delrin vacuum manifold, universal rising rate fuel pressure reg, 310cc injectors.

DRIVETRAIN- civic ek hatchback transmission, zoom stage 2 carbon kevlar clutch, fidanza ultra lightweight flywheel. ECU- p28 Crome tuned, datalogger port.

SUSPENSION- skunk2 coilovers, tokico illumina 5 way adjustable struts, adjustable upper control arms, energy suspension/works polyurethane bushings, civic si front sway bar.

BRAKES- ebc drilled front rotors, integra gsr rear disc conversion, bridgestone stainless steel braided brake lines.

WHEELS- kosei K1 light weight racing wheels, falken azenis 205/50/15

EXTERIOR- painted 2 years ago by PPG certified technician, HID 8000k low beam, JDM style smoked taillights, custom printed vinyls.

INTERIOR- 95 ex rear seats, Del Sol si front seats, low mount seat brackets, JDM civic type R steering wheel, faze boost/air fuel gauges, B&M short shift, JDM civic si gauge cluster, “brushed aluminum” dash kit, audiobahn head unit with IPOD

MISC- new hydraulic clutch system, NHRA certified fire extinguisher, new brake pads.

On paper this looks good enough. The pictures are to small to see much other than the giant lack of an intercooler of any shape or form and generous use of a 90 degree coupler.
There isn’t much more I could tell you. With luck you can find someone local to go with you to check it out.
Find someone who really knows what they’re talking about. Have them come with you and have your friend buy that person lunch. A worth while investment IMHO.

If it’s turbo’ed why does it need “headers” according to the seller? WTF?

PS - It’s singular…Header.

PPS - Looks Ebayish.

PS - Looks Ebayish.

doesnt look to be all that great, seems like its running and FMU which is a No, no, and no fmic

i would look elsewhere

Looks like its tuned using an FMU id stay away.

edit: Damn to slow

Take into account everyone you know who has a turbo’ed honda who actually knows what they are talking about. (Mindless, Toda, Smith, Kingsario, etc. etc.)

How many of them would advertise it as being “JDM”. It seems to me that this kid and Nick Pearl are drinking the same Kool-Aid.

I miss my turbo civ.

how could you forget me from that list!!!i even beat mindless to it!

cause i don’t know who the fuck you are. <3

What is FMU? Fuel management unit? Im trying to look it up right now.

Edit: Found it. Thanks for the heads up. I have fwd the information to him.

K03 turbo? Are you serious?

Go far away from this build.

yeah, this guy really doesn’t have a clue what’s going on with his car.
Running a rise rate regulator (FMU) yet it has a chipped p28 tuned with crome. You would have no use for an FMU if you have a chipped ECU.

I would offer 3k

cracked manifold
no fmic
fmu and chipped ecu? one of those likely doesn’t exist
greddy bovs are pos
mini-me vtec head swap is probably a shitty hack job

not worth the money

The entire turbo setup needs to be replaced.

:tdown:

Pass…

I talked him out of it yesterday after the first few comments. Thanks for the help!

agreed