need NYspeed's infinite wisdom...

No offense, but I doubt that a 73 corolla and a 93 legacy will payoff an 08 sti. Even still, paying back more money than asked per month to someone who is not charging you interest is a bad decision.

You gotta make your money work for you, not the other way around… (thats if you have the money to put to work, op, that means you. lol)

Why the FUCK would you pay off a 0% loan? That is just fucking stupid.

It’s free money… take the money that you would throw at the loan and put it in a high yielding savings account or the like.

+1

lol, ill make sure and do that just for you:grouphug:

my automotive forum answer:

• A few STi bolt-ons
  • Vintage Import

My responsible grown-up answer:

• invest it

Good decisions now = more better toys later.

Yes, because obviosly the thread starter is well gifted in the fiscal planning area considering that he 1.) had to sell two beaters to cover moving expenses 2.) did NOT know he was getting a “FAT” government check 3.) has spent the last few yrs on NYSpeed looking for minimum’ish wage jobs… need I go on? NOT EVERYONE IS YOU.

No I know but I am saying the proper choice here is not an absolute and it almost never is. You have to setup an actual plan and stick to it. Given like you said his situation well then I think he should save it as it seems he does not have much backup capital. Paying off his 0% is pointless and will only leave him strapped for cash next time something pops up on him happens.
Bottom line is to setup a budget and stick to it.

Hate to say it Chris but investing it would be the responsible way to go until a great deal pops up or when the economy turns around. If you want a true jdm classic, this lil guy popped up locally but I doubt it would sell for cheap.
I got your message, I told numbnuts to call you. If your trying to buy a certain car from him, get in line though I dont think its ever going to be up for sale.

Exactly. Cougar is trying to compare the OP’s financial planning to his own, which is dumb. If Cougar was asking what he should do with some unexpected tax refund I think the posts would be a lot different since we know he isn’t living paycheck to paycheck.

^^ for Word. It’d be something like “a drum of C16, 4 bottles of nos (the big ones), and two sets of rear tires for the bimmer”.

for the most part I agree, however I’ll atill argue the point that paying down a 0% loan so as to get ahead on payments (freeing up disposable income) is better then not paying down a 0% and blowing the money on modding a car with a loan when you have little - no assets. This all assumes that the TS has no other debts, etc etc… assumptions, so in reality the entire argument is a waste of breath. I maintain: given only the info in the thread so far - pay down the car rather then blow it on hookers. /out.

EWWW paying down 0% over hookers and blow? :tdown:

Yea you guys are right but even still I think this guys best bet is to take the time to setup a actual plan like one he will follow from here on out and it looks like this $$$ should probably be his oh shit savings. Make an allotment to a savings,one to an IRA, maybe some mutual funds, maybe a separate savings for a house someday. Then when you are satisfying all of these and you get extra…go boozing, take a vaca, club a seal, enjoy it.

Im def not opposed to that at all, in fact I completely agree. I just really doubt it’ll happen. Thats all.

Just like almost every other one of these sorts of threads here.

http://1heckofaguy.com/wp-content/photos/Groundhog-Day-Posters.jpg

^ It goes downhill fast, like Murry’s career post Ghost Busters? :lol:

Don’t listen to these idiots…

Buy this http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70168

LOLERS I know if I ended up with extra cash I would go buy a ZO6. I am done being responsible for a few years.

I like warranties.

Maybe I’d buy an exhaust.

I literally just saw that poster 3 minutes ago. A guy here has one in his office. He also has a City Slickers one…

lol im in talks with him right now about it=)

whose car is this^^^^ more info mark?