need NYspeed's infinite wisdom...

long story short:
sold my 1973 corolla and my 93 legacy…

…under the impression that i would need money to move june 1st. the government sent me a nice fat check that would have more than covered my moving expenses, without sacrificing my two sweet cars(esp. the corolla=(

BUT, i already did and i now have a fat chuck of money burning a large hole in my pocket…my options are as follows:

1. all$ into my 2008 sti(spoke to a person on the forum who formerly HAD a VERY fast WRblue STi, and his words were" if i could go back i would not have done it)

2. some$ into my car payment and the rest goes back into another classic/vintage JDM ride

3. all$ to car payment and keep sti stock

4. all$ to a VERY nice classic/vintage JDM vehicle?

5. save$:spank:

so, in your opinion, what would you choose and why?

----and if you are just going to come into this thread to mention a blown stock honda motor, or my crappy driving or my poor taste or a statement about my virginity or about how ugly myself and my gf are or that i have an enormous receeding hairline, then please feel free to do so, but at least add some value and vote/give me ur opinion on the matter at hand. thanks!:banghead:

and my sti:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/viggenman/cleanpillars010.jpg

Put the money towards taking the HORRID white trim off the STI.

Pay off the car, car payments blow

x2

and i can’t see this going in any direction you intended it to go… :meh:

anyway, paying off the car would be the only smart decision on your list, unless you can actually save money or invest it wisely. it’s a 0% loan so its not hurting, but if you are just going to blow it, pay it off

no brainer, pay off the STI

^ what he said. If it is 0%, put it in an online savings or something and have the money come out of there. Or pay down whatever debt you have, highest interest to lowest.

Since the previous posts stole the reasonable thing I was going to suggest all I have left to offer is but an eclipse and mod the hell out of it.

Really though, when the economy sucks, pay off debt, high interest first.

Think about this. You had to sell two cars to cover moving expenses. It’s a pretty big neon sign that you living beyond your means.

0% loan = save the money earn some interest on it, continue paying off the car and pay off the loan when the time comes… im assuming this chunk of money isnt very huge, and it will likely barely dent the principal of the loan…

just dont WASTE the money.

Chris…pay off the car…seriously…you’re a smart guy, you know that’s what you should be doing…

Dude, I know what you are feeling, I have been there before. Having a big chunk of money sucks, but in a good way. I wish I would have payed off bills/debt the last few times I have had a decent sum of money. Instead I wasted it on POS cars. Since you have a decent car I hope that wont be an issue…

If you have a 0% loan dont let the bank have your money just to feel good about yourself, unless you have no credit cards/student loans/mortgage/etc and already have a decent cushion in the bank (6-9 mos).

Here in lies the reason why I drive a 230K SHO and haven’t modded my Mustang in the past 8+years…all my extra money goes into house projects, student loan payments, and savings/retirement.

If you have a loan, pay it down asap.

THIS.

Psssht toss some at mods and some in the bank. Fucking old people and their lame advice.

either pay off your car, or save it for something in your future that is actually worth investing in.

don’t use it to mod your car

old, no. lame, probably. I have wasted a lot of money in the past 5 years and dont wish that on anyone.

So have I and will continue too as well. Its a hobby and for some really a big part of life. As long as you are not neglecting savings and still planning your future properly I see no issue with blowing some cash on mods.

just save the money, hell, buy fucking GOLD with it, don’t spend it on a car, that can come later…

it’s not “old people” advice, its “be patient and turn 5k now into a second or third or fourth car plus racing habit LATER”

Call me stupid but its nice not having a car payment. Pay off one and just keep making “payments” to another account for a little while. Then buy things, IMO credit cards suck, and you would just be payin cash on it.

I know everyone is all high and mighty and it is SOOOO easy to say to do the right thing. But really people should have budgets, goals, etc and this is how you determine what to do with your money. It is simply not cut and dry like “OMG SAVE IT ALL!!!” Because i am sure that is what all of you would REALLY do. :picard:

Ex. I have an allotment to a savings account for rainy day funds and beyond that i promised myself i would max my IRA for the year and buy a house. Other money I do what i want with. Vacations, BS for the car, whatever. But I am sure I am just fiscally challenged. So this is what my suggestion is.