Need some advice.....Job related

Okay guys, I have an opportunity to become a Financial Adviser. Met Life will pay for all certifications and help me establish a client-base. Was is your take on this career move? Income potential is more promising than my current standing.

do it. do it.

just make sure you have job security and you know your metrics going in…

I doubt anyone on here knows enough about you to make that decision. Especially judging the decision based on 3 sentences.

As I mentioned, the job involves financial planning, dealing with 401K plans, retirement planning, insurances etc. Since pensions are no longer from current employers, I think a future in financial services may prove to be exciting and the opportunity to become more successful is definitely there.

Well dude, depends. You know you have room to grow with your IT shit. The question is, is this a stable long term job and does it have more room for growth? Will you be happier doing it every day? Thats probably the most important question. What if you go and do it and make more money but are a miserable fuck. All things to consider.

being a financial advisor kind of sucks,

Its sales. You will most likely be making a lot of cold calls

Forget the Money aspect - what makes you happy / what would you rather be doing? That’s the question.

I know a guy that runs one of their offices(Rock is his nickname). It’s been a while, but my impression of the job is that you basically have to make all your own leads (sell the company’s services to YOUR friends and Family). All in all it wasn’t that good of a deal.

I also knew a few people that used to live in my old appt. complex that worked for the American Express Financial Services. They all talked a good game about how great of a job it was. However once I pumped a few beers into them, they fessed up that the job really sucked. Most of them wound up quiting. :bloated:

The Turnover rate at these jobs is Fuccilo HUGE.

x…

:tup: he’s a good dude.

p.s.- he’s still in the office there, but i believe he’s not in charge anymore.

:biglaugh: