Need some body work done

So I have a ding in my hood right on the corner from when I hit a deer. the corner of the hood is bent down a bit, while i did my best, there is still a dent on the hood, and was wondering if anyone knew a good shop that wont charge me out the ass to get it smoothed out. I will try to post pics soon.
I want to know if anyone knows or owns a shop and could quote me a price or give me a number

just go around to a few bodyshops and get a feel for the people that you deal with.

if you feel uncomfortable with them at all, take their quote and walk away.

any body shop will give you a free quote.

people will suggest alot of places on here, I can not, so we’ll wait for them to chime in.

My best friend has his own body shop on Essex St. in Albany (by the CDTA depot). I am pretty crazy on the cleanliness of my car and it’s condition and I would not hesitate going to him at all because 1) he’s my best friend and 2) my car would look great after he’s done.

If you would like, I can give you his number via PM.

where are u locaited? Car, color?

All I know is DO NOT goto Coby Collision. Off course your probably no where near Cobleskill, so thats not an issue.

Northeast Motorsports. Give them a ring, they do really good work. 518-470-8611

if you have a dent in the hood they are going to fix it with bondo and there is a good chance its going to crack…your better off buying a new hood and saving yourself the hassle…

Thats like saying you should get a new 1/4 panel if yours gets dented.

Here’s some pics i uploaded, sadly, it was already 8:30PM when i was able to take them
http://zerosl.webs.com/Lexus/IMG00244.jpg

cole’s collision on central ave
h&v on central ave
Neil’s on central ave

take your pick they all do good work, plus it’s a black car. a blind man could pant that

yeah but you dont open and slam your quarter panel…trust me it will crack…i have bondoed and painted enough cars to know.and the hood heats up and cools down everytime you drive the car…bondoing a hood is asking for trouble

and what kinda car is it?

H&V might do good work on new cars, but they suck ass when it comes to used cars.

They matched my paint well, but it started chipping off 5 days after I got the car back.

they didn’t use a single oem fastener on the front end

they used self tapping screws in places

all EXTREMELY unacceptable as far as I’m concerned. it was the M3, it’s not like it’s a fucking honda accord. it had all of the fasteners in place, and brand new! all they had to do was take the existing ones out and put them back in after! but no, they used random plastic rivets and fucking self tappers WTF

Im driving a 90’ LS 400. The F’ing deer, it didnt even die.

I do have another hood from my junker, but its not the right color. Ive never painted anything that big so ill have to call and compare.

Thanks guys

yes benny they can be cheap but it’s not them that used tho fasteners… it was your insurance company… you have a high mileage older used car… they arn’t putting new ones on the car. and a good chance is most of the OEM one’s were broken in the accident or broken taking them off

h&v can do dent repair

on that note… go to neil’s

a car had backed into me and dented the nose panel, all they were doing was replacing the bumper and nose panel.

I can fully understand using used parts and not brand new, but not fasteners. They’re stupid cheap, and the self tappers are in insult. That’s ghetto.

Yeah that hood you have is toast. a dent that big the metal is stretched way to much to zap some pins on it and slide hammer the dent out.

Just bring the hopfully not dented hood to someone and have them respray it. $200-$400, lunch money for a body shop.

PS a shit ton of bondo (just slapping in a dent that big lol) is going to come off after a while. Like you said expansion and contraction (metal does it faster than body filler) will loosen it up over time. BUT not to say filler can never be used on a hood is not correct.

I can attest. It was rather discearning looking at they’re “work.” Part of the repair cost through the insurance includes the proper means to affix the parts. The front cover is held on by regular expanding rivets and less than 10 screws. There is no reason to cut corners here.

I vote for Frank’s in Scotia. Very top quality work.

Green island autobody does really good work and are not to bad priced. I had to get both bumpers and the driver side rocker( also had to fix a few big digs in the rocker) on my car and it was only $800 when I went to keeler for a quote they said $1700

SOS on walker way in colonie…guy who runs it worked for keeler for like 20 yrs…awesome quality…