Need Some Help on Car Stereo Questions

Okay so I am definitely not a car guy. I like cars but know nothing about them.

My car stereo isnt working. More specifically the EJECT feature on the CD doesnt work.

I HAVE no idea how to take the panel apart. No idea whats wrong. No idea whats the problem.

I am debating between two things

1. Get a completely new deck and try to get the guy to install for me.

2. Try to find someone to fix this one

Either way. Anyone know HOW TO FIX this problem? Or is anyone selling a new deck AND can replace it and install for me. I need this done… I prefer ASAP. Cash ready depending on how much it will run me.

Any ideas on which is the better option? or anyone know anyone who can do this stuff?

ps: Car is 99 mustang gt. Right now there is already an aftermarket deck installed.

smash it ,get the cd out then go by new one

then the diff part install new one , then install old cd in new player and your good to go

I dont mind smashing it… But I dont know HOW to take out the old deck. Thats my problem. I dont want to crack the panel around the car trying to get it out. I was hoping I can find someone who knew how.

what kind of car

OP. 99 mustang gt

edit: your favorite cars :smiley:

the panel uses clips to hold it on ,just pull an it with a little force to get it to come loose and then carefulle work the clips out by pullin on the panel

Looks like this right?

http://www.gonzales-family.com/interior.jpg

If so, there are 2 small holes on each side of the radio, this is meant for a special tool that removes the factory deck. Its 2 U-shaped prongs that slide in, you put outward tension on it, and pull the deck back. Pretty straight forward.

i thought he has a aft mkt deck in it

@94gt5.0… yes it looks exactly like that but there is already an aftermarket installed in there therefore I do not see the holes on there to pry it out. I just dont want to break the panel and make it look cracked. The car is clean inside and out.

Hence I am looking for a “pro” to do it. Could you do it for a few bucks if I brought the deck to you.

sounds like scully ripped you off biggggg time

pull the panel off ,then you will see a couple 7-8 mil bolts holdin deck assembly in place .unscrew those and the deck should be loose ,once that is done unplug all connectors and pull it out .assembly is the opposite of dissambly

do I need anything special to pull the panel off or should i just tug on the frame til it comes off?

gently tug on the frame ,ya may need a philips screwdriver for the panel it may have a couple screws but i doubt it .its been a little while since i had one apart

I will give it a shot myself. See if I can take it a part atleast.

Anyone know anyone selling a cheap nice deck I can get? Or anyone want this one :smiley: cheap lol

i can help out if needed

if you pull of the trim panel around the radio, you will see 2 small openings on each side of the aft. radio (most radios). Insert 2 small screwdrivers to release 2 taps that lock the outer trim cage to the radio itself. Then the radio should just pull out of the sleeve.

I havent had time now but I might give it a shot within the next few hours and see whats up with it. Ill try all the techniques below lol.

Should ANY single layer deck fit into my car or is each deck “specialized” for a certain car? Or is it just wires go right into the deck

I appreciate the offer. If I cant get this damn thing to work I am going to need it

if it is already aftermarket, you will just have to change the wires, but it will slide in utilizing the new sleeve that a new radio will come with.

Wow. I have no idea what Sully did to the car, but its pretty cool. The panel DOES NOT have to come off. Literally the cdplayer itseld just slips right out.

So I got everything out. Now just looking for a new cd player to put in there :smiley:

Thanks for the help guys. You were all right about the the little locks/clicks. I just used a thin piece of cardboard to unclip them. worked easy

i’d suggest eclipse or alpine. those sound nice and clean