advise on what stereo to get for my car?

i’ve been trying to figure out what kinda radio to get for my car but i cant decide which one i wanna get. id like to get one with the i pod hook up and stuff but not sure which one to get. my one friend can hook me up with a blaupunkt key west mp36 for like 102 buck before the shipping and crap anyone got any suggestions?

what size is you opening? 1.5 din ?

not sure exacty its got the stock radio from the 1995 camaro. ill need a filler piece so that the radio will fit in really with any radio i get cause the opening is pretty big.

go to Darryll’s on union and ask for Matt(store mgr)…tell him i sent you, he’ll take care of you.

my guess is its a double din opening.

I’ve always been a fan of Alpines. I got my sister one for Christmas that has iPod controls built into it so once you hook up the iPod you control it from the deck itself. Good luck.

That car has a 1.5 din opening, not double.

Does the car have a Bose system or no, if it does have Bose its not as easy as just dropping a cd player in the car.

At the very minimum you will need a dash kit, antenna adapter, and wire harness. I would suggest purchasing a Pioneer or Alpine deck - Both companies make everything from basic to high end decks and do do everything you could ever want.

He has the Bose speakers. I told him to get Pioneer, thats what i have, and i like it alot. He was looking for the exact one i have but cant seem to find it anywhere.

what radio do you have?

Im assuming the factory radio is still in the car?

Your going to run into problems just changing the deck out. They make bypasses and adapters for the Bose systems, but they sound like ass when installed. I would highly suggest swapping out the speakers and re-wire the car if your changing out the deck.

i dont even know id have to go look. I have looked at circuit city, best buy, ect… for it but i cant find it. Its a pioneer model so i dunno why its impossible for me to find. unless its like a older model they dont make anymore

well i dont have the money at the moment to go out and buy all new speakers for the car so any other suggestions?

Not really, its either you spend money on a Bose adapter that will sound like crap, or spend new money on speakers and wire.

You dont have to get anything crazy, just goto walmart and buy cheap replacement speakers.

Go to Best Buy and abuse their warranty.

Wait for your product to be discontinued, when it breaks, then you upgrade for free.