Need some PC Hardware advice

Well, my mobo shat the bed, so i’m looking for a replacement. I figure while i’m at it, I might as well upgrade a bit.

I was thinking and ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe, with a AMD 64 3800 or 4000+, and some variety of a 6800GT GPU until I can afford a second one.

Anyone have anything to say, good or bad? Any other suggestions in the same pricerange? I want to get this shit ordered ASAP since i’m stuck on my laptop and it’s a piece of crap for anything other than word processing.

Ok, so i did some checking up on the A8N - fucking good shiet

That mobo is good… but if you want to get somethign you won’t worry about for a bit I’d suggest going dual-core and getting the A8N32-SLI mobo. It would be like 150 bucks more if I remember correctly, and its a damn good setup. A buddy of mine just pieced together a machine with that and its crazy. Just my two cents.

Dual-core Processor I’d recommend since its the cheapest :P: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103562

Go dual core if you are into heavy multi-tasking.DC wont do shit for games because no games support a dual core processor,dont expect a performance increase.

I’d go with a 3700+ because the 200mhz jump to a 4000+ isnt worth the extra $100.Not to mention they both have a 1MB L2 cache and will perform almost identical.

Sounds good for the SLI,appears you plan on running a SLI setup.Something I wouldnt do unless I really had a ton of money to play with because the performance over a single 7800GTX isnt worth it.

Just my 2 cents,if you got the cash go for it anyway and it’ll be kickass.

i jsut pretty much built a full set up with those 3 items in it… asus a8n sli… amd 3800+ and 6800gt… it rocks runs fast and has not disapointed at all

SLI rocks!!!1

best upgrade i have ever done, except for sli with the diamond cards way back when :stuck_out_tongue: