Need some vinyl siding!

Can anyone recommend a good vinyl siding installer? I tried getting a few quotes and after I picked my jaw off the floor I figured I’d ask on the forums. It’s a rental property so I’m not spending a quarter of what it cost me for the whole house just to put siding on it lol

I have stockmohr and sahlens coming to the house for estimates in the next 2 weeks. Im hoping for something reasonable since I am not doing the whole house. I would be interested in some other options.

I think you are going to be in the same boat as me and you are going to want to buy your own stuff at MIRIS or Lenco and then have someone install it for you. Comfort Windows wanted $23,000!!! I almost died laughing. The whole house only cost me 100. Too funny. Hopefully someone knows someone that can help us out

The only funny part is buying a house and not knowing what it costs to fix it.

I hear people all the time talk about how they got a deal on the house and don’t realize how much it costs to really get their “fixed upper” to what they want it to be if they can not do the work themselves.

X…

I hope you aren’t referring to me. It doesn’t cost $23,000 to side a house. I have someone that will do it for $15k if I wait until October. Was hoping to find someone else who is available now so I wanted to see if anybody knew anyone. I have 4 houses, I know how much they cost to maintain and unfortunately I have a job so I cannot work on all of them. There isn’t enough time in the day to do everything yourself

I was referring to you, and all the others.

x…

$23k seems really high.

Let me guess, you bought a 996 and now you think you are better than everyone. You are so much smarter than us. You win, we just can’t compete.

Thanks, yea I was thinking 12-15 would be reasonable and it looks like that’s what it should be

At least we are all on the same page.

X…

P.S. It’s a 997.

That’s too bad. I’ll sell you my M3 if you want a more useable car. I need the money because I’m a dummy that didn’t know siding was expensive

Put your dick away, noobie.

I was quoted $14-17k for my 1200 sq ft cape, which was reasonable (dutch lap 3 sides and shake on front). Housecrafters (I believe) was the cheapest and then Stockmohr.

I had 3 quotes done and Housecrafters fell right in the middle, but cheaper than Stockmohr. Wished I had gone with Stockmohr…DO NOT go with Housecrafters, they were a nightmare to deal with.

Thanks. Xander is actually the newb on the BMW forums. He probably doesn’t remember me. Just having some fun with him.

My house is 2700 sq ft so it sounds like all of these companies are going to be high given what you paid. I’ll give them a try and see what I can come up with but I think buying the supplies on my own and just paying labor might be the way to go

• Updated - - -

Thanks, I’ll stay away from them

So Stockmohr quoted me 11K and Sahlems 9K. I have 995 sqft to be sided. It does not seem like a 10K job to me.

Then I found this, I am in the Outrageously Overpriced range lol

http://ginter-siding-and-windows.us/costanaly.htm

The guy I had do my roof and was also the guy that sided Sams house might be a good guy for you to call. Shoot me a text if you want his info.

Call these guys:

-Joe Crist at Crist Construction. His cell (716) 583-8436: http://www.cristconstruction.net/

-Mike Cross at Steadfast Construction. His cell (716) 982-5790: https://www.steadfastwny.com/