Need windows XP CD key Help.

I am installing Windows XP home professional again and cant find my CD key, anyone have one I could use or know where to get one? If you will PM me it.

Just get a WGA crack, or I can get you a copy of XP that has the WGA crack/serial embedded.

Or just choose to enter it later and then call Microsoft and say someone stole your key and usually they will validate it for you.

you still need a key for the initial install… unless you nlite it and have an auto install

which i have for all my computers :slight_smile:

edit: you can do the key later on XP? I honestly did not know that, I guess its cause I’ve always had the key on me. I feel like a geek for having it tattoo’d to the inside of my right bicep :frowning:

Well here is the story, My sisters comp will not boot. Its been having alot of shit going on with it lately so one day she comes home and it just goes to a blue screen and then goes to black screen saying what to do next, boot from last good, boot, etc. but nohing works.The blue screen flashes so fast I cant read it, think it says something about memory or something. So I tried to boot with the disk and go to restore but she cannot remember the admin password. I told her I would just reinstall a fresh copy because there is so much crap she has accumulated on comp she just wants it back to teh day she got it. I have XP pro, she has Home on the comp, but forgot where she put the cd key.

It’s doing a memory dump.

Does it work in safe mode?

Ah yes Memory dump that is what it said. No safe mode will not work.

did you wipe out the original install yet? If not

http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/prodkey.php

If not I have a generator at home I can run and get you a key…though lately most have not been passing WGA…but I have been getting around that by not downloading/installing the WGA auto update

Just go on ThePirateBay and do a search for your exact version of windows,

eg: Win XP Pro Corp SP2

and then look through the comments for the ones that match, people usually post working SN’s.

is there any risk in using the same copy and SN on multiple pcs? i have a copy from UB so its legit. but i have to do the whole call microsoft to get the new number because it says the code has been used.

I “think” you have the ability to use it on 2 machines, but really have no experience with it

sharethefiles.com and eMule, you can get vista if you want to.

Yes.

The copy you have from UB is a Studnet edition and you need to register it with MS within I belive 30 days. You still have to pay for it to register it.

The only way to put Windows back on a computer legitimately without paying is to put the EXACT same version as what was originally on it and use the original SN(unless you get a new one from MS). Other than that you either go pirate or pay.

I am gonna see if my sister can find the SN if not I will just see if I can find one. Sean do you have one handy at home?

still need the key, WGA cracks are tricky also, most of them do not work.

easeir to look in the reg for it :slight_smile:

well, i do have the original one. but i tried it and it wouldnt let me do it (a few years ago when i was still in school). so i called the 800 number and they gave me a new code. can i use that trick above and grab that number and use it for a new install? what if i wipe the current one and install it on a new pc?

Is it really worth not buying the software?

You can get it on a 200 dollar computer for god sakes.

^Why would I buy it when it came with the comp? I am helping my sister out, Im not paying for it that is for sure.