Neonglh's 2003 Evo thread (exhaust is finished 12/23)

So far it look wonderful.

evo always seemed to be a way nicer car in my mind. but you are making me like my srt a lil bit more! aside from working on it like you stated… they are truely the worst car to work on, i look forward to seeing you this spring/summer! i hope you get your evo to be as fast or faster than your yellow rocket:burnout:

I think the rear end looks great mark

:tup:

The exhaust is done, and its awesome :tup:

Emery made me a test pipe in his jig, we welded in a bung for the wideband, bolted it all up, changed out the plugs, and fired it up. Louder than normal at stock, but its thinner wall out of the turbo, so thats expected. Took it for a spin and it made 2 more psi than it did before, and it sounds angry as fuck. I kept doing tests at different throttle position, and it only opens up at WOT. I did part throttle, about 15 psi, and it was still quiet like normal. Full boost makes her scream!

Car feels fast as hell, but I don’t have anything to compare to other than my ass dyno, and that’s super inaccurate right now, since I’ve been driving around a '99 Jeep Cherokee for over a month now! Still, car feels very good, very happy with it :tup:

–mark

nice, i heard changing out the o2 sensor housing is a noticeable change, and thats why I have a nice new shiny one waiting in my bedroom :slight_smile: (along with more fun goodies). but anyways glad to hear your happy with it!

Just make sure your o2 housing is actually going to flow better. The stock one is pretty damn good. A lot of the aftermarket ones look nice, but are the same inside design. The most important part is where the exhaust comes off the back of the o2 housing and bends down into the downpipe. That is where the stock one backs up a little, so as long as your new one fixes that, you’re set :tup:

That’s what the ported stock ones fix (as best they can).

I saw a red Evo 8 with a Thule rack and box on it wingless in about 2 feet of snow, looked SOOO good in the snow.

ahh, i love the racks on them it looks awesome

Wow. Looking good man! :tup: Love the JDM stylez on the rear, should put the wing on that CF deck lid and go with the CF hood too. Other than that its mad sweet.

CF hood is heavier, and so is a wing. No thanks :slight_smile:

Is the hood on these alum?

yes