NYIRP 9/9/09 - Neonglh Evo goes 11.256 @ 122.26

Big thanks to everyone at STM for being so good to me! This car has become a monster this year!

So, nothing has changed on my car since last time I ran an 11.90 @ 120.4 other than putting on ARP wheel studs on all 4 corners, putting a set of Meagan Racing coilovers on all 4 corners, and then using a set of 15" Rota Slipstreams with 26 x 9.5" Hoosier Quick Time Pro tires. Here is the car as it sat before going to the track tonight:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8331_130608378399_127422433399_2380155_5655702_n.jpg

Stock block, stock head, stock fuel rail/regulator, stock intake manifold, stock throttlebody.

Evo 9 turbo, AEM EMS, car weighs ~ 2850 without me in it tonight as it was (full interior).

I was running 100 octane pump gas, about 28 psi of boost, and 22 psi in all 4 tires.

First pass I cut a 1.608, and went 11.434 @ 121.88. I did a good burnout for this pass, and the launch was so hard it totally threw me off. I was not expecting it to feel like that!

Second pass I cut a 1.507 60’!! I ran a 11.256 @ 122.26. That burnout was more like most-wanted’s famous burnouts, where I went totally sideways. The crowd was loving it! I feel that I drove really well tonight.

Here is a picture of the time slips for now, and then as soon as Gleason and Shawna get their video’s and photos up, I will add those to the post :tup:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2445/3906055370_e15e73f42c.jpg

Beat my personal best by almost .7 seconds!

–mark

Knockin on the door to 10’s. :tup:

Badass. That thing is light.

:clap: another good basic mods car, fixing weak links improvments to be a gain, and not a “mod”. Setting them up with some knowledge to work together and do what you need out of them.

very nice! :tup:

Very nice!

I thought this was stock turbo?

And you were going for the stock turbo record?

This is a stock turbo, just not the one that came on my car. I am going for the best I can, but the stock turbo record is 10.2 @ 133 on a built motor and C16. I doubt I will get there.

I am the fastest stock turbo car right now (MPH and ET), that is on gas (the 4 people faster than me are using e85 or methanol). I want to keep going though, and see 10’s on this setup. I am driving it well enough, I just need to get the shifts perfect, and maybe throw a little more boost at it to get there. I have more weight to take out too, tonight was run with a completely full interior.

:snky:

:snky::snky:

was fun to watch it go down the track tonight!

now go faster!

Jesus christ, I’m still amazed at some of the times these Evos pull. Congrats on those times with that setup!

Fucking rad, I need me a EVO.

Great times but what were you racing against a Chevette?

Congrats :tup:

holy crap that is awesome! good job mark.

Congrats Mark!!! That car is becoming more and more a monster everytime!!!

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

nice congrats

nice job

Nothing says business like Hoosiers on all four corners. Nice run :tup: