Networking Guru's..question for you.

So I recently purchased a Motorola Q through verizon. I also have DSL at my house. The DSL is about 768K max(sucks). My verizon cell phone is around 1.2mb/second. Is there a way I can take both connections(DSL via wireless card / cell phone connection) for maximum d/l speeds?

The cell phone is “modem by phone” connecting through a USB port. It is possible for me to be connected to both at the same time, I just wanna see if I can use both at the same time for faster d/l’s?

if your asking to combine both which is called shotgunning… then no…

if there is a term called shotgunning, then there has to be a way to do it :slight_smile: its just 2 different networks

shotgunning must be what the true hackzors call it, because i never heard of something that dumb… shotgunning is how you drink shitty canned beer… otherwise :dunno:

but yeah, you can virtually TEAM the adapters but it’s truely pointless from many angles… not worth the time of researching it and getting it to work.

I am talking about well… do you remember back when those pci dialup modems came out with two slots for two r11’s you could get on two different isp’s and get a 112k connection… but it was called shotgunning… pointless yes but best thing I could think of.

ohhh… that’s called port aggregation

:slight_smile:

I have an even better idea then combining them.
Get Cable.

shotgunning = dial up I guess you can say PaGP = more for network.

go fist yourself btw…

Ul find what u need there…

you’re gay as fuck.

1. pagp is a port aggregation protocol for CISCO switches…

2. ‘shotgunning’ is what homo’s say… it’s called multihoming and the amount of ISP’s that truely sent multihomed signals was so few and far between that idiots taht tried it were just wasting their time!

the short answer to this thread is that it would be a waste to try to team a cell phone and a DSL line… i don’t know what you are trying to download at home that is so important to have that speed or redundency.

YEAH!
FUCK SHITTY BEER!

Don’t bother with trying to multi-home or bridge or anything else. The DSL is plenty fast, and if it’s not providing within 60% of the rated line speed (speed test) then bitch at the provider for that.

and :rofl: @ Jon.

PBR 40’s ftw

weren’t you able to do it with the ISDN modems back in the early 90s?

ISDN is still around and it really never changed to much. it uses two B channels and a D channel per connection.

gotcha… has its transfer speeds progressed? or didn’t DSL evolve from it?

fuck it. I guess that if you have a 768K and a 1.2mbs connection, top speed can only be 1.2mbs. You can just d/l multiple files faster connecting them…not worth it.

Actually, using bandwidth and traffic shaping, multi-homed systems with 768 and 1222 Kb/s connections, respectively, are theoretically able to do about 1600 Kb/s when properly routing and distributing packets if I remember how to do the math correctly.

bits or Bytes

has to be bits